• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Wine Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub8200

Reaction score
I just started making wine and i will need some wine bottles in a few weeks. Im in the Utica, NY area.

If you just started then you have at least 6 months to get what you need. I would hit up the local Restaurants for their bottles. They usually don't want them.

I doubt that the restaurants can help you with the homebrew equipment you are asking for in the other thread you started.

Have you started an introduction thread? Usually people like to introduce themselves before asking for free/cheap equipment.

- just a thought

Ok my name is Chad im new to home brewing. The wine Im currently making is a winexpert kit that takes 5-7weeks, not months

I would also like to say I am looking for good quality brewing equipment, I don't want not cheap equipment. Also I did not ask for anything free. I would expect some one out there may have extra equipment they have collected over the years that they no longer need/use. I would rather recycle then buy new and would be more then willing to pay a fair price for quality stuff.

Sorry, i should have given you a little more credit I suppose. It just seemed a little strange for your first two posts. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Just drive up to a winery and ask for the empty bottles from their sample room. In my experience, most are happy to let you have them!

cdub8200 said:
Ok my name is Chad im new to home brewing. The wine Im currently making is a winexpert kit that takes 5-7weeks, not months

Even if the wine kit is ready to bottle in 5-7 weeks, a 2-6 months bulk aging in the carboy will improve the taste.

novalou said:
Even if the wine kit is ready to bottle in 5-7 weeks, a 2-6 months bulk aging in the carboy will improve the taste.

Hey thanks for the tip. I will not be bulk aging this as it is my first batch so i will be bottling and then drinking a bottle or 3 a week and documenting my experiance. How ever after i have a decent supply i would like to try bulk aging. Can you fill me in on how you would recomend doing this. Would i just leave the wine in the secondary carboy with an airlock? Or would i seal the carboy? Also what temperature?

Hey thanks for the tip. I will not be bulk aging this as it is my first batch so i will be bottling and then drinking a bottle or 3 a week and documenting my experiance. How ever after i have a decent supply i would like to try bulk aging. Can you fill me in on how you would recomend doing this. Would i just leave the wine in the secondary carboy with an airlock? Or would i seal the carboy? Also what temperature?

I bulk age in a glass carboy with airlock in place. I keep it at cellar temps. Just check on the airlock periodically so it doesn't dry out.

D_Nyholm said:
I bulk age in a glass carboy with airlock in place. I keep it at cellar temps. Just check on the airlock periodically so it doesn't dry out.

Thank you for the information! Im new so everybit of information helps.

Latest posts

Back