Looking for a recipe similar to Lammsbrau organic pilsner, any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanoffermentation

Reaction score
That beer really had me wanting to brew a light, earthy, drinkable summer beer. I have experience doing partial, no all grain yet. I have never went for the earthy/pine twist from my hops in a light beer, I've always went for citrus. Any favorites or successes anyone has had with something like this? I'd love to try an earthy spin on a kolsch, but my basement is right at the upper end of the temperature and I don't want to chance it. I'm having an analysis paralysis.

Located this old thread searching for the Lammsbrau pils clone recipe. I am hoping to brew a pils soon and have found this one in particular is so incredibly delicious. From my understanding what makes this pilsner special is that the brewery in Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz uses local organic malt as well as locally sourced organic hops. This particular hop variety produces distinct balanced notes. Upon more recent inspection (today) of the website it appears that the organic pils has dropped from the breweries mainstay beers and has been replaced with a Edelpils Zzzisch. Presumably this beer is focused on lighter, fruitier, citrusy hops, which with the current ipa expolsion would only make sense, even in rural Germany.
I guess I will have to forego this pils in lieu of a single malt single hop all grain brew due to lack of availability of product ingredients in the US. From what I understand in brewing a pils the most important thing is balance and cold fermentation (cold crash) which should clear the beer and drop the hop bag/s (assuming you are hopping in fermentation). Please let me know if in this long duration since your post you have brewed a pils and what recipe you decided on. Best.

Latest posts

Back