Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my latest version.
76849_116538731744192_116534145077984_122841_5027797_n.jpg

first shot at what may become something; hand drawn center scanned and then colored in with a very old version of photoshop. Critiques welcome!

wolfscrubsimage5.jpg

It's an adaptation of my family crest, from the Netherlands.

The only thing that bothered me from a purely design point of view (and it may be completely acceptable to you or even intentional...after all its your label), is the contridiction between the imagery and the text. If the image was a sunset or animal or something I don't think it would be a big a deal, but the first thing my eyes see are 3 big tulips and then I read 2 knees.

The only thing that bothered me from a purely design point of view (and it may be completely acceptable to you or even intentional...after all its your label), is the contridiction between the imagery and the text. If the image was a sunset or animal or something I don't think it would be a big a deal, but the first thing my eyes see are 3 big tulips and then I read 2 knees.

Yeah, I see what you mean. My last name is Teune (pronounced two-knee) so that's where that comes from. I can see where it might be a disadvantage to have a logo you have to explain though. :)

Then again, maybe I can turn it into a good story when people inquire. heh..

Working on a couple of logos.

This is for the home brewery/bar. Its still a work in progress. A buddy and I have been working on it for a few weeks now tweaking it here and there. I really need to start working on it on the computer. Im still a big pencil and paper guy though.

revisedlogo.jpg

This one is the label for the cider for my wife. Byrd was her maiden name.

cider.png

Any thought or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Great hand drawn logo!

I grew up with photoshop, so I find myself skipping over this step sometimes. I always find it a lot easier to make small tweeks in Illustrator.

Great hand drawn logo!

I grew up with photoshop, so I find myself skipping over this step sometimes. I always find it a lot easier to make small tweeks in Illustrator.

I am a total noob when it comes to both photoshop and illustrator. The friend that helped me with them is a graphic designer so hes awesome at both. Im an enterprise IT admin by day so i guess i dont really want to mess with a computer when i get home...lol.

Any any tips or good sites for illustrator CS5 tutorials would be awesome though.

Working on a couple of logos.

This is for the home brewery/bar. Its still a work in progress. A buddy and I have been working on it for a few weeks now tweaking it here and there. I really need to start working on it on the computer. Im still a big pencil and paper guy though.

revisedlogo.jpg

This one is the label for the cider for my wife. Byrd was her maiden name.

cider.png

Any thought or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thats whats great about hand drawn art, you canalways scan it, and trace your work on the computer, keeps it original, all you are really doing is adding effects and color on the comp.

Awesome artwork!

Thats whats great about hand drawn art, you canalways scan it, and trace your work on the computer, keeps it original, all you are really doing is adding effects and color on the comp.

Awesome artwork!

Ive been trying to figure out how to trace it in illustrator for the past 3 hours. i have failed...miserably

Ive been trying to figure out how to trace it in illustrator for the past 3 hours. i have failed...miserably

Zoom in on it and use the bezier tool/pen, it doesn't have to be pretty at first, you can tweak it to make it just right.

Having said that you will be looking at a few hours of work, when I am no master, but when i have some time, I'll give it a shot, and see what I can come up with using gimp.

the trick to custom type is to re-use your serifs and any other angles. Just pull a copy (option + drag on mac) Make pieces of letters rather than tracing groups of letters as one shape. Then - when it's all traced out - just use the Add tool in Pathfinder. (make sure you keep a separated copy, though - I guarantee you that you'll notice something to tweak the next day)

just my two cents :)

What /\ he /\ said, he knows a heck of alot more than me, but I use gimp, and work with what I got.

Anyhow this is what I accomplished, this is quck and dirty (just like I like my women!).

Took maybe 20 minutes, would take close to an hour to make it perfect, but this is what the bezier, and some elbow grease can do.

path2918.jpeg

That's pretty sweet. Thanks for the tips guys. I've got my design buddy that's going to give me a crash course in it later this week. I'll definitely be trying my hand in my downtime at work

Here's one I just put together for I stout competition I'm entering in March. It's a beer and label competition so give me constructive feedback please.

chocolate thunder3.jpg

Designed my brother-in-law a logo for his home-brewery for xmas. He's been brewing under the name Duff Dog Brewing Company for several years, which is named after his dog, which of course is named after Duff Beer from the Simpsons...

Logo-Duff.jpg

cool to see someone active at threadless! I haven't been there in a while, I think I have $300+ in credit still...shoulds used that for christmas gifts.

Designed my brother-in-law a logo for his home-brewery for xmas. He's been brewing under the name Duff Dog Brewing Company for several years, which is named after his dog, which of course is named after Duff Beer from the Simpsons...

Logo-Duff.jpg

Here's mine...and no it's not a religious beer. More prairie-style, as the house I live in is rumored to have been designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, and the cross design is part of the architecture on the exterior of my house.

Logo Original.jpg

I never thought the jebus cross when I first saw this. Instead, I thought of those telephone poles that would carry conversations and electrical current - like the wheat or grain symbols between the cross pieces - to remote areas. The shield speaks of honor, courage, and the rural feeling of the graphic speaks of honesty. Me Likes it.

I'm trying to think of a good logo, but am not very artistic. The name of my brewery is Wheels Up Brewing. I was thinking of something like a picture of an airplane taking off or flying upside down with the landing gear extended. What do you guys think?

Although I haven't brewed any beer yet (I bought the equipment the other day), finally decided upon a name. My late father was known in the family affectionately as "The Old Buffalo" He loved a good beer. So in tribute to my Dad, I am calling it The Old Buffalo Brewing Company and I designed my first Logo.

obb3.jpg

Back