Lock for Perlick 630ss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisingCaine

Reaction score
I am just setting up my keezer and I have the Perlick 630ss taps. From what I have found the new 630ss spout is at a different angle so the standard tap lock will not fit the new 630ss style. Does anyone know if there is a lock out there that will fit the Perlick 630ss? Is anyone currently putting a lock on the 630ss?

Thanks,
Kevin

Here's one I found on Amazon. It works with Perlick and el cheap-o.

Or just install Zima tap handles...Should have the same effect.

See this is the problem that I am having. It says right in the first line of the description "Does not fit 630".

I use to love Zima when I was 15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where you can order the 308-40C? Perlick said you should be able to on their site, but I can't find it in their webstore, and no one else seems to carry it. :(

Thanks. Hadn't looked at the digital version of their hard-copy catalog. Only on their web store. Not a lot of price break for buying 25 or more is there. :)

Well here's what gets me. I can get 1 - 24 308-40B on their online store for $45.48 each, but if I get the same thing from the catalog I previously linked, it is $78.50 each. I'd call and see if you can get the web price $45.48 for the 308-40C locks.

Perlick Online Store, Beer Faucet Lock 308-40B

Not sure what your requirements are for the type of mounting, but thought I'd mention this style. I'm looking to make something like this, but in metal, and smaller, for my keggerator:

taplock.jpg

I am just setting up my keezer and I have the Perlick 630ss taps. From what I have found the new 630ss spout is at a different angle so the standard tap lock will not fit the new 630ss style. Does anyone know if there is a lock out there that will fit the Perlick 630ss? Is anyone currently putting a lock on the 630ss?

Thanks,
Kevin
You can get a tap lock for the Perlick 600 series beer faucet here : http://alcoholcontrols.com/wrtaplope600.html#.VO9QctYtEdV

Good Luck

308-40C-Faucet-Lock-Waterma.gif

Here's one I found on Amazon. It works with Perlick and el cheap-o.

Or just install Zima tap handles...Should have the same effect.

For future reference, THESE WILL WORK WITH MODIFICATION! I thought I was screwed when they showed up (I have the 630ss & didn't get the memo). I used a step drill bit & clamped it in a table vice to bore out the inside of the shackle so that the bonnet would fit through. It didn't take much. It does the job to keep my kids off of it. I needed it for my 3 faucet kegerator. I still need to replace the other 2 faucets with perlicks, but when I get locks for them, I might just buy the ones that are cheaper than this one for the standard faucets & do the same (beats $50 for the one made for it). I hope this helps someone in the future. Cheers

Here's my amazon review on them:

*** -three stars- cause they do the job, & fit the standard faucets well.

The lock catches about every 1/2 turn (Not very smooth). Key catches while inserting & removing. When the lock is tight, the key can only be removed when at 12 or 6 o clock, it may damage the seal/finish. I didn't notice that it doesn't fit perlick 600's, but I used a step drill bit & lightly ate away the inside of the shackle so it would fit over the bonnet. It does the job

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that I came across this thread.

Down the road as the young one (just over a year old) gets a little older I'll need to get something going.

I like the drawing above that will lock all 4 of my taps at once. $80 for a lock seems utterly ridiculous!

I'm glad that I came across this thread.

Down the road as the young one (just over a year old) gets a little older I'll need to get something going.

I like the drawing above that will lock all 4 of my taps at once. $80 for a lock seems utterly ridiculous!

Yes, the one posted by Avrgjoe is much more reasonable... about $50/lock.

I like my fellow local brew club member, Andrew's idea, but I did it even simpler in my case. I set up a room in my basement for my stuff, including the keezer and other "fun" items (like my reloading bench) and then put a lock on the door. $20 at the local Menards. Out of sight, out of mind and locked up for the kiddos.... The room is literally right next to the room I'd entertain in if I had any friends.. ;)

Fred

You mean the bar across all 4 taps? Yeah. I'm just saying if you can't go that route (due to a tower, or something) the individual locks are a much better price from the link posted by @AVRGJOE

Gotcha :)

I make my own chalkboard paint tap handles. It occurred to me that I could literally have a hole in the tap handles this way for a lock like Andrew shows but through the side of the handle. I bet there are a whole pile of creative options that are cheap for someone willing to DIY.

Back