Limey in Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wurzel

Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I got a Mr Beer kit as a gift a couple of months ago (my hints worked!) Opening up my first bottle was one of the highlights of the year- it looked, smelled, fizzed, and sort of tasted just like beer!
I decided I would try one more Mr Beer and then go a bit more advanced. So I ordered up the Stout (Canadian Draft came with the kit).
I guess I was a bit too enthusiastic about my first batch because pretty much all my family bought me Mr Beer refill's for Xmas. So I now have 5 batches to make. I guess that will keep me busy for a couple of months then I can start looking into getting equiped for the more advanced stuff.
Anyway found this website a week ago and have been enjoying reading it. I'm originally from England but moved to Atlanta 18 months ago. Been loving trying out some great US beers (Arrogant Bastard rules!) and converting my basement into a pub.
Cheers, Mike

Welcome to HBT sir.... I'm on the north side of ATL as well, but i'm a little farther west!

Neal

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Neal, any advice on a decent home brew store in the area? I'm keen to go and look around to get ideas about upgrading to 5 gallon batches.

Mike, welcome to homebrewing! I'm over in Cumming, not far from you. For my money the best brew store in the North Atlanta suburbs is The Beer Necessities. Good store, nice and very helpful staff. They are located near North Point Mall in Alpharetta. Check out their website Home Brewing & Winemaking Supplies | Beer Necessities

Over the past decade, most homebrew stores come and go around here, but these guys have been around the entire time I've been brewing. Check em out.

I've been on a 10 year brewing hiatus for various reasons but got back into it this weekend. It's fun to be brewing again.

Good luck

Andy

Thanks Andy. Sounds great, I'll probably check it out this weekend.

I can't wait to move on to doing some "proper" home brewing but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the Mr Beer - had a couple tonight and it's not bad at all.

Sorry Wurzel, just saw your question. Basically where you are located you have two options:

Brewmaster's Warehouse (Marietta... off Roswell) or Beer Necessities (Alpharetta... off mansell)

Back