Excited to finally start brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prismpeaches

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m MJ (yes, like from Spider-Man ☺️) I split my time between Central Florida and Southeastern New Hampshire. I have done quite a bit of fermenting in the past, and I love beer. Always wanted to try my hand at brewing my own, until my home brewing aspirations (and my career as a ramen chef) were brought to a startling halt in 2020 with a celiac diagnosis. A couple of months ago, however, after over 3 years gluten free, I found out it was a misdiagnosis and I no longer needed to keep a strict gluten-free diet.

Needless to say, I have been extremely enjoying getting back into craft beers. Now that I am once again able to consume gluten, I finally decided to dive into my own brewing. Super excited to get set up and started! I’ve been devouring the threads on these forums the last few days since I discovered it.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard MJ! Sorry to hear about your misdiagnosis, strict gluten free can be a tough lifestyle but welcome back to the world of great beer 🍻
Nothing beats the excitement of getting started and consuming all the great info you can find… which usually leads to lots of good questions to ask and ideas to share, so don’t be shy with yours.

What was it that you used to ferment?

Thanks! I have run the gamut of fermenting haha, yogurt, milk kefir, water kefir, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, hot sauces, natto, soy sauce, sourdough. I will definitely not hesitate to ask questions as they inevitably come up, from reading through the threads here it already seems like this community is incredibly kind and generous even when answering simple questions!

Back