LHBS in Colorado - Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calbadose

Reaction score
I live up in Carbondale and there are no LHBS options in my area. I am heading down to Denver/Boulder this weekend to ring in the New Year. Was curious if anyone is familiar with some of the shops down there. I am looking for a couple of Corny kegs and would like to know of a reputable, decently priced shop to stop by to get some supplies.

thanks and Happy New Year!

-Cal

Pin lock kegs are available for a really good price at Toms Kegs off 6th & Union. Look it up on the vendor list. Call first because sometimes he's not there.

Theres Beer at Home off 120th and Washington... Close to boulder. Good place, good guys.

If your in denver, Stomp them grapes, off I70 & pecos. Big place, has everything from kegs to equipment to grains. Cool guys, a little more expensive than others, but right off the major highways.

Toms Homebrew Shop $45 Cornies, I think even cheaper if you buy more.
Great place, just don't forget to call,

In Aurora there's the Brew Hut (hombrew shop), right next to Dry Dock microbrewery, they even have beers on tap that you can try & if you like you could buy a beer kit to make yourself.
Google them to find their websites.

I just found Tom's Homebrew Shop and picked up a couple of kegs to get started in kegging. He is by far the cheapest source for clean, used kegs that I have found.
Tom's Brew Shop

I always hit up Stomp them grapes/ Hop to it off of pecos to get my specialty grains and hops if I need something. My LHBS has horrible hours and it is just easier for me to get stuff in Denver when I am down visiting my inlaws.
Stomp Them Grapes! LLC and Hop To It! Homebrew

Thanks y'all for the info.

I have been in touch with Tom and was planning to pick up a couple Corny's from him but after measuring my beer fridge last night that I am going to convert to a Corny kegerator I have determined I need ball lock kegs. The pin locks have a 9" diameter and the ball locks 8.5" diameter. I am short of 18" wide inside the fridge, it's just about 17.75" wide. So although the ball locks are a little more expensive it is what will fit without having to buy another fridge.

I will do some price checks between the other shops y'all have mentioned for a two keg setup and all that goes with it...

thanks again and Happy New Year!

-Cal

Calbadose

I have a few extra ball lock kegs I would be willing to sell you, and save you a trip to Denver. I live in Rifle so we are only about 40 mile apart. I have not cleaned up the kegs yet or changed the o-rings but they do hold pressure.
As for LHBS check out Lil ol Winemaker in Grand Junction. They are not great big but have just about anything you want.

fly-fisher

Measure your fridge to see if you can fit the kegs in diagonally, rather than side by side. Cut out cardboard circles the diameter of the kegs and play with positions.

calbadose said:
I live up in Carbondale and there are no LHBS options in my area. I am heading down to Denver/Boulder this weekend to ring in the New Year. Was curious if anyone is familiar with some of the shops down there. I am looking for a couple of Corny kegs and would like to know of a reputable, decently priced shop to stop by to get some supplies.

thanks and Happy New Year!

-Cal

Hop To It is actually a separate location of it's own in Boulder, owned by the same company as Stomp Them Grapes in Denver. Those two places have been my favorites in the Denver area, though admittedly I haven't made it all the way out to the Brew Hut yet.

There's also Do Your Brew in Westminster, though the prices there are consistently too high in my opinion. DYB does have good hours, though (they close at 7pm, and are open 7 days/week), so it's a good place to go in a pinch.

There's an awesome new LHBS in Lakewood that sells corney kegs, beer malts and other ingredients for homebrewing. The brew shop is called Barley Haven.. and the guys there are really chill, I love hitting them up for my homebrew supplies when I head up to Breckenridge.

Back