lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hit my numbers after three weeks in primary and now I'll "lager" if you will for close to a month. Belgian 3944 is a bit sulphur-y. Should be fine. Flavor and gravity are spot on. Yeast on nose needs to chill out. Literally.

And the handles are there because I don't feel like taking them off at this point. I lift from bottom. Never even touch the handles when it's full. Plus, my Ss BrewBuckets are in the mail.

:)

This is just me, and I understand the safety issues, but I have been hauling full fermenters up and down stairs for 20 years with the neck handles and, thank the lord, have had no issues. Maybe My carboys are of an older manufacture (made in Mexico I believe), and are perhaps a bit sturdier. I'm not saying its perfectly safe, just that I never broken a carboy.

HefeWeizen

10339519_10206297728071819_1792790130792921937_o.jpg

1 gallon of an American Sour, 1 gallon NHC final round entry American Pale Ale, and 2 Gallons of another American Pale Ale.

5.2.15 fermentors.jpg

Move to a secondary. Cold crash it to like 35F until it clears. Dry hop with 2oz of a balanced mix of high and low alpha hops. ITS ON!!!

Oh yeah..use whole hops. Submerge them for 10days with a sanitary hop bag and steel weight.

Whole hops meaning not pellets? I've never used hops, and I'm only 10 brews in of pre hopped extract kits. I'll see what my LHBS has to offer. I know they have Chinook, cascade but not sure why else.

Oh yeah..use whole hops. Submerge them for 10days with a sanitary hop bag and steel weight.

Or a bag of sanitized marbles. It's way cheaper than a stainless weight. One bag is more than enough, and it's a buck at the dollar store. I love dry hopping with my homegrown hops. I get great results and great feedback from my quality control group (read: family and friends).

Back