lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 gallons rose of pinot noir!

image-1927880020.jpg

Tried to get them all in the pic. Have three lagering also.

image-4070497237.jpg

I think the flem-ish brown saison is ready to bottle. At least as ready as it's going to get. Probably going to rack the black sour onto a bunch of blueberries and hope berries don't get lost behind everything else.

Brewmex41 said:
I thought it was shrimp at first.

Haha after they soaked a couple days I told my wife it looked like I was soaking calamari in the fermenter cause the sliced apricots formed large O's. Also I didn't use sulfured apricots which keep that nice orange color.

There's oyster stout, and even rocky mountain oyster stout, so why not shrimp ipa?

Speidel is a nearly complete Bow 'n Arrow Oatmeal stout, Glass carboy has just over 4 gallons of a Red Ale with krausen, and the two 1-gallon carboys have a split batch of an Adirondack common being raised up to ambient temp for a D-rest.

Fermentageous.jpg

Two I brewed last weekend. In the barrel is a Flanders red sour and the other a Belgian quadruple. Fermentation mess on both. Oops. Have two others going also; cherry bourbon imperial stout and a French season that aged in a wine barrel with cherries.

image-2081054912.jpg

Dunkel that I plan to add peaches and toasted pecans to when it goes to secondary.

Two I brewed last weekend. In the barrel is a Flanders red sour and the other a Belgian quadruple. Fermentation mess on both. Oops. Have two others going also; cherry bourbon imperial stout and a French season that aged in a wine barrel with cherries.

Cool! If you are planning on aging the Flanders in that little barrel the whole time, you might want to look into a way to cut down on the O2 permeabilty or you going to get a lot of acetic acid.

Weihestephener Korbinian Dopplebock clone! 2 weeks into fermentation...

Also got a Belgian Raspberry Ale about to come off secondary and go into bottle.

001.jpg

WesleyS said:
Shiner Cheer inspired?

Yeah, lil bit. I used some different malt though. I wanted something a little maltier and a bit less of the peach flavor.

Winter Beer I started last weekend and a Honey Ale I brewed Saturday.

20131028_214359.jpg

Those 5qt ice cream pales are usfull,aren't they?! They're also the right size for draining my 6G better bottle as well. I also use them for draining FV's & bottling buckets after cleaning,etc. and hauling empty bottles into the kitchen & what not. Very useful.

Those 5qt ice cream pales are usfull,aren't they?! They're also the right size for draining my 6G better bottle as well. I also use them for draining FV's & bottling buckets after cleaning,etc. and hauling empty bottles into the kitchen & what not. Very useful.

Agreed. I have some small keg parts in one, soaking in PBW.

I'm going to have to invest in some more of that nasty ice cream to get some more of those buckets... ;)

There's a couple of flavors of that ice cream momma likes with pie. We also use them for freezing Christmas cookies. gotta make some Christmas goodies that go well with Whiskely stout & vanilla porter. But those pails sure have a lot of uses. We got a big stack of'em saved up.

The other reusable containers that come in handy (that we have a lot of) are the plastic coffee cans... We go through at least one a week.. lol

I saved a couple of the 1/2 gallon Vlasic kosher dill jars too. One for washing yeast,the other I'll clean out for dog treats. They have oz markings & fancy scroll work cast into them.

Agreed. I have some small keg parts in one, soaking in PBW.

I'm going to have to invest in some more of that nasty ice cream to get some more of those buckets... ;)

I'll help eat that nasty ice cream, if I must. :D

From left to right..

Winter Warmer (LHBS extract kit)
Imperial Stout (Going to add Irish Cream essence when bottling time arrives)
Currently fermenting: English Brown Ale.

And yes, that is a stain on the wall from my first blowout (happened last weekend with the stout). My "co-brewer" thought we had enough room for fermentation and an airlock would be ok.. I didn't think it would.. but I went with his opinion and paid the price haha.

IMG_2631.jpg

Back