leaky seal flattened my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And2k50

Reaction score
I'm really new to brewing my own so i'll apologies in advance if this is a ******* question
sorry
the beer has been in the barrel for a fortnight which is what the kit i bought suggested, on pouring though there is no carbonation at all, at first i figured i must have screwed up on the sugar addition whilst barreling, but having isnpected closer i noticed the rubber seal on top of my barrel lid is slightly perished, i have now replaced this seal and really im just wondering what my next action should be as it tasted fine, its just flatter than a witches titty
any advice would be appreciated

P'nawn da

Damn seals, no wonder people want to club them. :D

14 days might be a tad early and generally speaking I would say give it another week. However, if you are absolutely sure that there is a leak and there is no CO2 pressure in the headspace you might consider repriming.

OTOH Waiting another week to do this costs you very little.

EDIT: If I am reading you correctly, you have opened the top to replace the seal.
This makes a stronger case for re-priming.

indeed i did open the top:eek: also as this is my first attempt i didnt take any readings, im one of those "throw it together and see what happens type" doh

Latest posts

Back