lansdale Philadelphia pa craft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjdubs66

Reaction score
I'm in lansdale for one night visiting from Boston. I only have time to pick up a six pack our two to bring the hotel. I know I haven't traveled too far from home but I hate missing out on good beerswhen traveling. Is there anything I need to search out?

Not quite sure what you are looking for (local beers not available in Boston? Rare bottles? Just good beer?) but I will try to help. I assume you are flying into PHL and driving to Lansdale, right? There are obviously LOTS of great beer options in Philly, but quite a few less in Lansdale. If you are just looking for a store, there are a couple that are likely on or near your way. Capone's is a REALLY great option. HERE is their facebook page. nice restaurant. great tap list, and bottle shop. may be a little out of the way, but they have some real rare beers in their bottle shop. The whole foods in Plymouth meeting is another good option for takeout beer: HERE is their beer list on Beermenus. In Lansdale there is the Blue Dog Tavern (haven't been there in a long time, but think its still there.)

If you want a brewpub, There is Iron Hill in North Wales (probably a 10 minute drive down 309 from Lansdale. There is a newish one in Ambler (probably a 20 minute drive from Lansdale down 309) called Forest and Main. Good British and Belgian styles of beer and good food.

Hope that helps! As I said, there are LOTS of good options in Philly itself, but you said around Lansdale, so I tried to keep close to that. Let us know where you end up...

Thanks for the help. I checked out round guys but they are unfortunately closed today. I'm going to def hit up one of the does tonight and grab some bottles. Is there any bottles I can't miss while I'm here?

If you don't want to go to a bar, you're best bet is to find a beer distributor. You can only buy beer as package goods or from a distrubutor (in cases). You can't get it from a supermarket unless they have a license.

Brewers:
Victory, Troegs, Yards, Flying Fish to name a few.

FirstStateBrewer said:
Never been there, but I would checkout this brewery: http://roundguysbrewery.com/

This one, too: http://www.prismbeer.com/

I was going to suggest round guys but knew they were closed. I believe you can get their beers at Capones or Blue Dogs. Check it out if you can they make a good beer, also I have had a couple from Prism and they are good too.

Back