Lambert's Cafe Sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, good of you to put it in your sig anyways, if only so no one else tries.;)

Even pumpkin beer is only good depending on the spices.

Lambert's is pretty decent IMHO. And the rolls are quite tasty and the kids love the show. The OP is a genuine fuddy duddy is you ask me. :p

Honestly I was intolerant of kids when I was 20 or so and had no kids of my own.

Young and stupid describes most anybody at some point.......especially if they were one of those kids that acted out in restaraunts when they were young.;)

I just came across this thread and was pretty amused at "mightynintendo" and his/her childish rant. I have eaten at Lamberts several times at both the Sikeston and Ozark locations and was very pleased with the food. I even, gasp, took my children with me. I have never observed any kids running around or acting out. I'm sure that it happens but I have not observed it myself in over 25 years of eating at these restaurants. Also, I really enjoy a beer with my meal but don't expect to have it at every place I go to eat a meal unless I go there having done my homework and know what to expect. When you arrive at Lambert's there are menus available outside for you to look at which don't list beer or any other kind of alcohol. A simple perusal (that means looking over, just in case you are too incensed or drunk to know what that word means) of the menu would have saved you a lot of time and not upset your sensitive disposition. Also, during your wait to get in, did you not see the children? That might have been your first clue. The bottom line is, if you know what dog **** tastes like (see item 3a), then how can you judge real food. Oh yeah, drink lots of beer so you don't know what you are eating. If you didn't leave hungry, you must have eaten something. I wonder what it was? As far as being overpriced, have you eaten at Applebees or Chilis or any of the other "big name" restaurants that, by the way, serve beer? The same steak dinner will cost much more and maybe or maybe not taste better than you can grill at home. Lambert's is also all you can eat so the value is even better.

As a last thought, I am diabetic and don't suffer from eating occasionally at Lambert's. While I have all of my limbs, I have two relatives who lost one or both legs to land mines in Vietnam, who like to drink beer and love to eat at Lambert's. But - they don't know what dog **** tastes like so I guess you have us there.

I resented it too and that's what set the tone for the rest of my time there.

Pros:
1. The rolls were good
2. I didn't leave hungry

Cons:
1. They don't serve beer
2. The "pass around" sides are disgusting (macaroni and tomatoes? who the hell would want to eat that?)
3. My steak was mediocre at best. I make better steak on my grill at home
3a. The homemade mashed potatoes tasted like cardboard. The gravy tasted like dog ****.
4. It's way too loud to have a conversation
5. Everything but the steak is either deep fried or pan fried. It's impossible to get something healthy that tastes good too
6. They suggested that beer was not conducive to a family-oriented atmosphere
7. The wait staff is overworked
8. Kids everywhere (i know it's to be expected in a gimmicky place like this but hey, it still sucks)
9. A thin, slimy coat of butter is on everything, including the floor which i slipped on
10. Overpriced. Big time.

Latest posts

Back