Label Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalkyt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Since I am ready to bottle, thoughts turned to labels. I have used Unistat 38942 mailing labels 2.5"x1.5", printed sideways, using Clipart in an old version of MS Word. But it does take a lot of mucking around.

Some months ago (maybe even more than a year ago) someone came up with a label printing web site that had several free label options. As I recall there was even a subscription option that gave many more choices.

The problem is, I can't find it. A search for "labels" didn't result in any joy.

Does anyone remember what it was called?

I've bought labels from Online Labels dot com. They have design software on their web site - the catch is you buy their labels. I'm too busy (lazy) to spend time being fancy, so I print plain white labels on a Dymo LabelWriter 450.

Cool. I really should do something other than sharpie on masking tape....

I use Photoshop. Get as fancy or simple as you like. Print with a cheap 3 in 1 inkjet printer, several to a page. Cut them apart with a Harbor Freight paper cutter. Attach with kid's washable glue stick. Just don't put them in an ice chest and expect them to stay on!

I use Photoshop. Get as fancy or simple as you like. Print with a cheap 3 in 1 inkjet printer, several to a page. Cut them apart with a Harbor Freight paper cutter. Attach with kid's washable glue stick. Just don't put them in an ice chest and expect them to stay on!
Very good. I do similar. Except I spray the paper with a clear lacquer to give it a little bit of moisture resistance.

Back