kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny1982

Reaction score
This may be a dumb quesion, but I've only had my lunch break to research, and i've found a deal on somethings, but does a sankey tap fit on a corney keg without much trouble or is it just two totally different fittings? I've been thinking about getting into kegging

Thanks,
Ben

2 different animals - Sanke combines gas in and beer out into one fitting, Corny kegs have individual fittings. You can buy the parts to adapt so that your tap system can work with either.

Totally different fittings, along with pin lock. Ball lock and pin lock are great for homebrewers because of the ease of filling/cleaning and the ability to keg-hop, sankes are more of a sealed unit and are harder to fill/clean. However, they will all work in your fridge side by side, you just need different fittings for each.

2 different animals - Sanke combines gas in and beer out into one fitting, Corny kegs have individual fittings. You can buy the parts to adapt so that your tap system can work with either.

Sweet, I think I'm going to go ahead with it. I think I got it dicked now. Just needed a little more research time to know what I was getting.

Thanks,
Ben

Back