Kegging homebrewed Vs. Commercial beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewatDrews

Reaction score
We just obtained a 2 tap commercial kegerator. We want to put our homebrewed beer in the corny keg that we have but we also want to put commercial beer on tap. What are the differences in the connections to the keg? I am a totally new to kegging so I know very little about it. If someone could direct me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit is the one you want. You can also buy some quick disconnects for both the cornie and Sanke. That would let you switch back and forth. Since you have two taps, what I'd do is convert one for homebrew and get a second kit with disconnects, so you can do homebrew of commercial on the other tap.

Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit is the one you want. You can also buy some quick disconnects for both the cornie and Sanke. That would let you switch back and forth. Since you have two taps, what I'd do is convert one for homebrew and get a second kit with disconnects, so you can do homebrew of commercial on the other tap.

That is the way to go. With a used keggerator you will probably want to change out your lines and replace any o-rings and seals. Call Ben at kegconnection.com, they can walk you thru your options and make sure you get all the parts you need in one shot.

Congrats and good luck.

Back