Kegging emergency!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megavites

Reaction score
Ok,
I've had two kegs on gas at 15# for 6 days with one night at 30#'s.
One is a blonde ale and the other is a red ale. Both are being served at 3pm tomorrow.
Currently I have very little in solution carbonation. Foamy head from the pour but only slight carbonation in the glass.

No apparent leaks and the blonde ale is the exact same recipe I kegged last summer. It was a hit.

I'm at a loss as to why I don't have carbonation after 6 days.

Should I let it sit overnight again at 30# or higher 1st and then resort to
a 30+ # burst carb/roll keg to get CO2 into solution tomorrow am if its not
ready?

Help!:confused:

I'm hesistant to shake with 30
psi. Easy to overcarb. I'd put them both about 1-2psi
above serving, put on a long tv show or movie, and roll for a long time.

stupid question but are you out of gas? From the different methods I've heard, it sounds like you still have options to get this fixed in time. From your description I'm a bit surprised that its not closer to done unless the gas is out.

stupid question but are you out of gas? From the different methods I've heard, it sounds like you still have options to get this fixed in time. From your description I'm a bit surprised that its not closer to done unless the gas is out.

that's a good question, but this is a 10# bottle that's only on its 4th keg plus
purging. Now I did have a small leak last year but when I burp the kegs
it's still filling with no problem.

If I were to roll the kegs for 1/2 hr each at 30# and then let them sit on pressure for another 2hrs, wouldn't that be enough to let the yeast settle out?
IF not, maybe the best is to carb at 20-25# overnight and serve via pitcher tomorrow.

What do you think?

Back