keggerator in my home theater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Howdy all!

well yes, yes it has been awhile! but i'm back! well, sorta, haven't brewed in close to 3-4 months now :(. but i have been in the process of moving and setting up the new household! so i'm slowly getting back into my hobby. (hell, last time i brewed 3-4 months ago was a pumpkin beer thats still in primary in the ferm fridge at my old place :ban:).
So! when i moved into my new house, i told my SWMBO that the only thing i really wanted out of the new place would be a room where i could put all my theater stuff and gaming systems. So we found a place! however, with the screen in there, it's a little not wide :) and not very long (13X20 or there abouts)
Here is a pic to give ya'll a reference.
IMAG0480.jpg

that is an older picture (a few weeks back the night after i painted) the cabinet up above on the right is gone. rockband stuff is in the garage. etc, it's just the screen and that media shelving, plus more shelving above that.
However, facing the screen is a love seat and 2 recliners.
so... i do not have much room in the way of a keezer build to throw against the wall.

because of this
room.JPG

So i was wondering, has anyone built a smaller custom kegerator out of out plywood for the box, the hard foam insulation for the inside, the mini fridge parts (the freezer condinser part) and 2-3 small fans on the inside? that way i could have one row of 5-6 kegs about 15" or less away from the wall and not very tall so i dont disrupt the viewing (4 for beer that will be locked, 1 for soda for the kiddos and one for energy drinks)

my mini fridge mod with good insulation and 1 fan really only gets three kegs down to 45 degrees...

I was toying with a low profile glycol idea that you would build sleeves with coils for the kegs, and set them lengthwise and circulate glycol around sleeves that was freezing and you could save a lot of space.

2 fridges mounted face to face might work...

Back