Need some ideas for what to put above my kettles and elsewhere in my garage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybeagle

Making sales and brewing ales.
Reaction score
I've got a steam condenser, so a big and pretty metal vent hood is unnecessary. But the big, plain wall above the kettles feels like wasted real estate.

I contemplated going the aesthetic route with floor to ceiling tile, epoxy sealed flooring, nicer keezer encasing, etc, but that's more expensive and would snowball into a lot of additional purchases and pressure to keep the aesthetic level up. Sadly I'm not going to have an immaculate, lab-like home brewery.

I had some cheap shelving up before, but it got pretty "noisy" with all of the oddly shaped brewing equipment. It did look kind of cool to have my grain containers on display, but part of me thinks I should keep them in the dark cabinet on the far right of the brew wall for longevity.

So I'm pretty sure the functional route is the one I need to take. What should I put on the wall behind the kettles? Or spanning the entire wall? I've been scratching my head for about 6 months over it... Pegboard with pegs and shelves? Give hanging shelves another go? What would you all recommend that can strike a nice balance from being orderly and functional? Or just keep everything the same, paint the wall white and do a black outline of my home brewery logo?

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • B 78245 JPL (2).png
    B 78245 JPL (2).png
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have stainless steel pegboards above my table that hold my various tools. I found that the stainless steel table, brewing vessels, electric pizza oven, and bread maker tie in perfectly with the stainless steel peg boards. It also makes me look super industrious with all my tools hanging up. Above those, I have an empty space that I hope will someday be filled with an Anchor Brewing neon sign. So, those are my suggestions!

Regarding the appliance on my brewing table, I had an aunt growing up who owned a resort and in this resort they would sell Tombstone pizza to their guests. As family visitors, we were treated to all-we-could-eat pizzas cooked in these custom Tombstone pizza electric ovens. As an adult, in the same way that I dreamed of building a brewery in my garage, I dreamed that it would also contain such a pizza oven. Thus, the facsimile of Tombstone oven, a Wisco Industries 421, sits on table and makes me pizza regularly.

The bread maker is famous for making spaghetti-day french bread and whole-grain beer bread, made from wort and spent grain. Wort and spent grain make the *perfect* whole grain bread, especially if it’s from hefeweizen.

Nice setup! I am going through a similar set of decisions trying to dedicate a wall of my garage to brewing. My setup is similar with the brew stand next to the overhead garage door. Since its my only way in and out, it says open quite a bit meaning a constant battle with dirt and dust (and little kids, but that is another story). I am going with cabinets, preferably lockable.

I think the wall color looks good as it is. Split the difference and have a print or metal plate sign made of your brewery logo and hang it in the spot. Or just paint the logo in white on the wall.

Mount Wall Control panels there and hang hoses, clamps, etc. Buy some of the shelves for stuff you can't hang. And if you've got a 3D printer or know someone who does, start designing custom organizers.

Back