Kegerator Score - Sort Of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogboysdad

Reaction score
Well, I picked up a kegerator tonight. It was a CL deal. It's a vintage (maybe 1970?) kegerator. It's in surprisingly good condition. It came with new lines and a full, new CO2 tank and Cornelius single dial regulator. The seller bought it, couldn't get it to work and then listed it for sale. I paid $30. I just bought it for the CO2 tank and regulator but if I can get this thing up and running, then I think I really scored.

Have any of you ever brought an old kegerator back to life? Am I wasting my time? Do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance guys. I look forward to your input.

You might be able to get it working but a fridge that old is going to cost you much more to run over the course of a year. Not to mention the nasty refrigerants that were used back then. You'd probably save money in the long run by scrapping the old fridge and buying a Sanyo 4912 or something similar. Sometimes those old fridges look really cool though:)

Yeah, I thought about that. My original intention was to use the tank, tower, tap and fittings to convert a small refrigerator I already own.

Back