Kegerator Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownyard

Reaction score
I'm about to buy my first kegerator (I'm not handy at all, so I'm buying one). I've done a ton of research, and was looking at the Komos V2 at Morebeer. Seems it'd be perfect, as I also need to control fermenting temps here in the summer. I stumbled across this Ivation on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FCYSWFP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EMrsFbT98B9K5 ), and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Looks like a good deal, but no reviews, and no info on being able to maintain higher temps for fermenting. Any opinions?

I have the keg king , which is the older version of komos I believe. Ive had it for 3 yrs and its been great . If I don't have any kegs in it I can use it for a fermentation fridge because the temp variety.

I have the keg king , which is the older version of komos I believe. Ive had it for 3 yrs and its been great . If I don't have any kegs in it I can use it for a fermentation fridge because the temp variety.
Thanks. That's the direction I'm leaning. I've had a pre-purchase question in at Morebeer since yesterday morning, and have yet to receive a response, which concerns me.

I've got the Komos v2, love it also purchased from MoreBeer.

A bit of additional info.
  • You can fit 3 5G Ball Lock Kegs AND a Sixtel in there. This isn't listed as a possible combination on the site. It is kinda interesting getting them to fit, but it can happen. Having 3 home-brews plus a local favorite has been great. I hooked up Ball Lock connectors to a Sanke coupler, which required me to get an additional elbow connector though, but that was super cheap on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Keg-Coupler-Profile-Elbow-Bend/dp/B074DBCRKX/
  • I've had it for...two months or so? Unfortunately the compressor seems to have been damaged during shipment from PA to CA. This didn't surprise me too much as it arrived with a couple dents in the housing so some banging around obviously took place?
    • MoreBeer is pulling through from a customer service perspective and sending me a replacement unit. It is scheduled to arrive today.

I've got the Komos v2, love it also purchased from MoreBeer.

A bit of additional info.
  • You can fit 3 5G Ball Lock Kegs AND a Sixtel in there. This isn't listed as a possible combination on the site. It is kinda interesting getting them to fit, but it can happen. Having 3 home-brews plus a local favorite has been great. I hooked up Ball Lock connectors to a Sanke coupler, which required me to get an additional elbow connector though, but that was super cheap on Amazon. Robot Check
  • I've had it for...two months or so? Unfortunately the compressor seems to have been damaged during shipment from PA to CA. This didn't surprise me too much as it arrived with a couple dents in the housing so some banging around obviously took place?
    • MoreBeer is pulling through from a customer service perspective and sending me a replacement unit. It is scheduled to arrive today.
Good to hear they're backing it up, though it's got to be a pain to box back up for return.

Back