Looking for an undercabinet Kegerator, need some reviews on Kegco, Beermeister & Edgestar.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsunamiMike

Reaction score
So I have a Komos V2 3 tap Kegerator with Nukataps and love it, problem is they do not make an undercabinet option and to utilize what I have would negate a ton of space that can be used for cabinets.

Anyhow, I am going back to a 2 tap as I just need to fit a 1/4 barrel slim and a 1/6 th keg for my homebrew in it moving forward. So I am looking for a built in unit and these are the top 3 but I don't have a ton of input on them:

Edgestar

BeerMeister

KegCo

I am looking for something that is very quiet and will last a long time. With the Kegco and the Edgestar I can buy just the cabinet so I can get my own 2 tap tower and use Nukataps and get my own lines but I dont want to dismiss the BeerMeister as I would just take the items given and get rid of it with my Komos so no problem at all as I am looking for the better unit here.

If you have any experience with these brands or have a great home bar setup you would like to show me I am all ears and eyes! TIA

I am in the market as well. I would stay away from the Kegco product based on my experience. Two units have failed. The first lasted 14 months, just outside of warranty. Beverage Factory did replace it, but still got stuck with shipping costs. The replacement started having issues after a year (wouldn’t cool under 50 degrees) but was able to get it to work after several hard resets and unplugging it for a couple of days. Now it is refusing to cool despite going through everything I did a year ago. So two units, one died after a year, the second after two years. This isn’t a $500 unit from Walmart, I would expect a far longer life.

Like you, I just need the cabinet. I have the tower and couplers, etc.

My commercial Kegco is standalone in the garage. Going strong after five years. Not quiet, but I was warned that their commercial units are fairly loud.

So I have a Komos V2 3 tap Kegerator with Nukataps and love it, problem is they do not make an undercabinet option and to utilize what I have would negate a ton of space that can be used for cabinets.

Anyhow, I am going back to a 2 tap as I just need to fit a 1/4 barrel slim and a 1/6 th keg for my homebrew in it moving forward. So I am looking for a built in unit and these are the top 3 but I don't have a ton of input on them:

Edgestar

BeerMeister

KegCo

I am looking for something that is very quiet and will last a long time. With the Kegco and the Edgestar I can buy just the cabinet so I can get my own 2 tap tower and use Nukataps and get my own lines but I dont want to dismiss the BeerMeister as I would just take the items given and get rid of it with my Komos so no problem at all as I am looking for the better unit here.

If you have any experience with these brands or have a great home bar setup you would like to show me I am all ears and eyes! TIA
I'm sure you got your answer by now, but for later searchers, I have the KegCo undercounter one you link there. It is absolutely silent and has run fine since I got it. No regrets. I removed the tower and rails and plumbed my own cobra tap from the counter above, down into the kegerator.

The door switch stopped working - haven't taken the time to diagnose. There is a light that comes on when the door opens, so I don't get that now. There is also an alarm that sounds if the door is open longer than 15 seconds - don't get that now also.

Latest posts

Back