Keg - When should I expect full carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderDogs

Reaction score
I kegged for the first time on Sunday night. I'm doing the set it and wait method.

11 PSI at 38 degrees.

There is some carbonation in the beer now but definitely not fully carbed. When should I expect that full head to be showing in my glass?

Usually you'll have pretty good carbonation in about 1 week, I usually try to let them go at least 2 weeks to condition a little bit. I've found that the longer they're in the keg, the better they get.

+1

I have almost the exact same set up - same temp and pressure - and typically around 2 weeks the beer is drinkable, and pretty much perfect (in terms of carbonation at least) around 3.

Great, thanks for the replies. It definitely taste good right now but it's just missing that good carbonation at the moment. I guess that just means I'll have to start working on my next batch to fill my second keg.

i'm set at 12psi and 37* and usually start imbibing after 7 days. do agree that the carb level is better after another week but i figure i've waited long enough!

you're going to love the kegging, best investment i ever made.

Latest posts

Back