keg tags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfiend61

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I have many corny kegs and at times I may forget what brew is inside it. I have been looking for an simple, reliable, inexpensive, disposable method to tag my corny kegs. I found these on ebay. They come in packs of 1000 for about $16. They are key tags often used by car dealers to identify keys. They come in different colors.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388349876.529882.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388349898.707712.jpg

I was just thinking of using beer labelizer & just print out one label on label paper,& stick it on the keg. But those tags would be easier to remove.

I use a vinyl sticker and a dry erase marker. Can reuse the sticker over and over. I like the key tags though as they can be reused as well with a piece of tape

I use the luggage tags you get at the airline check in desk. While I'm waiting in line I just stuff a couple handfuls in my bag. I consider it a small return on the $50 investment I'm making in my checked bag.

I currently use a piece of duck tape folded over and stuck to itself, and write on it with a sharpie. They just sit on the top or I tuck them under the lid lever. I do like these tags though, I may look into them myself!

I use small cardboard tags on string (I think I found them at Staples). They get the beer name on one side and brew date, keg date, og, and fg on the other side. This tag gets tied onto the primary and follows the beer until the keg kicks.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Home Brew mobile app

Back