Keg Setup for Hunting Camp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illin8

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a setup for my annual 9-day hunting trip in November. We have no power and use coolers outside for food/beer storage. Being Maine in November, keeping beer cold is not a problem (usually). I'd love to have something inside but the woodstove keeps the camp between 75-90°...I even considered having taps come thru the wall from outside but the lines between cooler and taps would be an issue...

Would just a garbage can be the easiest/cheapest? Would love to hear suggestions...it's coming quick and I need to get off my arse and figure something out!!

Also, I have nothing at this point and need to buy it...if I went with a trash can concept, what uprades should I get going with a 2-tap (picnic) kit setup from kegconnection? I have some gift cards for more beer but not sure it's worth piecing anything from them...

This is what I'm looking at, but I'm clueless on the component upgrades...https://www.kegconnection.com/2-faucet-basic-homebrew-kegerator-kit/

If it’s cold enough outside, but not freezing, picnic taps are easy and cheap. Put each keg in a 5 gallon bucket with ice/water if it needs to be colder.

For a more year round solution, a jockey box is the way to go.

Well it gets below freezing, sometimes a few nights...some years it doesn't get above freezing day or night, LOL. Any recommendations??

Back