Keg Anomaly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdowd

Reaction score
I have a dual tap kegerator and the strangest thing happened right now. One beer pours, the other does not. Checked the pressure, all seems well. Checked the keg, not empty. I didn't open it yet but I'm so confused. Anyone know what the problem could be?

I thought maybe a clog, but this wasn't dry hopped, and I racked carefully. I suppose something else could be clogging it. Shall I open her up?

Open it up and check, at least you'll rule that option out. Another thought, sounds stupid (don't ask me how I know this?)

On another keg, different time. Flow was coming out of the tap, very, very, slowly. I bumped up the pressure quite a lot (20 psi), no better. Finally took a look at my new plumbing and realized I'd turned off the CO2 valve at one of the pressure distribution manifolds.

Open it up and check, at least you'll rule that option out. Another thought, sounds stupid (don't ask me how I know this?)

On another keg, different time. Flow was coming out of the tap, very, very, slowly. I bumped up the pressure quite a lot (20 psi), no better. Finally took a look at my new plumbing and realized I'd turned off the CO2 valve at one of the pressure distribution manifolds.

Oh man. I definitely checked to make sure the tank was on and air flowing, but I've done that in the past. Doh

If the line was draped near the wall of the keezer the beer in the line could be frozen. Had that happen a few times.

Is there pressure in your keg? If you hit the saftey relief, strong pressure comes out? If it's not ball lock there isn't a pressure reilief valve that you can manually vent, but you can still check by pushing in the CO2 in fitting on a pin-lock.

Edit: Oops, never mind. :)

Is there pressure in your keg? If you hit the saftey relief, strong pressure comes out? If it's not ball lock there isn't a pressure reilief valve that you can manually vent, but you can still check by pushing in the CO2 in fitting on a pin-lock.

Edit: Oops, never mind. :)

Haha yeah, the first thing I did was pull the relief valve and I heard it backfill, that's how I knew it wasn't the pressure. Thanks for the input though!

Glad to hear all worked out well. Thank you for posting the question. I learned something, never would have thought about checking frozen beer lines! :mug:

Glad to hear all worked out well. Thank you for posting the question. I learned something, never would have thought about checking frozen beer lines! :mug:

You learn something new every day, that was my lesson of the day as well.

I think it's because my kegerator is on my back porch, which is basically outdoor temperature. It never happened in the summer/fall. Think I gotta bring it indoors...

Back