Keezer with new lid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiror0b

Reaction score
I picked up a brand new freezer with a damaged lid for $50 at the local appliance store and have started my keezer build.

Has anyone else ever made a keezer using a completely new lid (no factory top at all)?

I'm thinking of just bolting on a sheet of ply, adding foam underneath for insulation, and covering the whole top in sheet metal.
I'd love to see other ideas though!

I saw both of those...but I guess I should specify - coffin style, no collar. Just looking to remove the freezer lid and replace it with something as-is, then bolt on the tap rail.

I have a 8 tap brass rail sourced from the for sale section that will be bolted to the top, probably with a couple fans to force cold air into the pipe.

Cool, I misunderstood. But I was mainly just trying to show the SS tiles I installed as an option to the sheet metal you had mentioned. Either way would look pretty nice.

Back