Keezer Collar Advice: Box or Wedge Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLP

Interactive
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just moved due to work (PCS), and I left my kegerator behind for a future renter. I just bought a GE 10.6 cu ft chest freezer to turn into a coffin keezer. However, I am going to be moving again in February, and I don't want to damage the woodwork while moving. In the interim I am going to build a collar for it. My question is should I build a box or wedge collar for it? I plan on leaving the original lid on it without a collar when I build the coffin wrap later on. I am leaning towards the wedge since it will be the least labor intensive, and I wont have to modify the hinges. I think the downside to this setup is slippage, but with silicone all-weather caulking and instillation I think it may stay. My draw back to the box collar is that I would be messing with the hinges when I don't really want to. What are your thoughts?

Back