Keezer Brass or Stainless Faucets??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemistBrewer

Reaction score
Im in the final stages of contructing my keezer from a used chest freezer. I have the holes drill and collar installed for 4 taps.
Originaly I had planned on going with 3 stainless perlicks and one stout faucet. However, after staining the collar red mahogany and painting the keezer black I decide it might look better with brass fittings.
My question is will brass eventually give me any off flavors in the beer? Do they make brass coated or colored shanks? I like the look of brass but would go with stainless steel if the funtionalty is overall better in the long run. Any advice would be helpful and welcomed. Thanks!

Show us pics as is. I've been using the Perlick PERL 525SSTF Tarnish Free Brass Keg Beer Faucets for a year and a half. They look and work great.

DSC01560.jpg

Show us pics as is. I've been using the Perlick PERL 525SSTF Tarnish Free Brass Keg Beer Faucets for a year and a half. They look and work great.

I'll try to find my camera when I get home. Mine is no where nice as you. Just standard. Thats awesome brings new meaning to the term "chest freezer"! Better not let my wife see that she loves nautical themed things and would want one. Haha!

Back