Just need to bottle a little

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celo626

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've gotten into making some sours which I age anywhere from 18 months to 3 years. I keg my beers, and don't have any experience bottling beyond pouring a growler out of my faucets. What's the best method to bottle just a couple bottles to age even further or give to friends?

I do all my carbonation in the keg with the CO2, so my biggest problem is priming a small amount to bottle and leave the rest to force carb in the keg. Should I try adding a small mixture of priming sugar/water or the carb tabs to individual bottles? Rack into the keg, and then mix what I want to bottle with a reduced amount of priming sugar?

Thanks for any suggestions.
:confused:

I HATE bottling! When I used to enter competitions and needed to send a couple of bottles, I used this method: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

It's pretty quick, easy, and it's effective. I later got a Blichmann Beergun for Christmas one year, and it's not any better than the "Biermuncher Bottle Filler" method. Try it!

Carb tabs have worked pretty good for me when I only wanted to bottle a sixer.

Latest posts

Back