Just built my first Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIShawnson

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!,
First post here. I have just finished my Kegerator. It is a True Soda cooler that I have 2x taps out the side. I have a 5lb Air tank with a dual regulator attached. I am suppling 2x LOG kegs.

Now my problem....

I have the system set to 8psi. What seems to be happening is I am loosing PSI out of the tank and the line PSI jumps up to around 13-14 PSI. I went through a full 5lb tank from this past Friday till today. I just hooked up a new tank and went from 880psi down to 500 in just a few hours. I have checked for leaks, I don't see or hear anything.

Temp of Fridge is between 30 - 38 degrees.

Any help would be super grateful!

Thank You! :mug:

If you put your warm tank in the fridge the gauge will drop almost exactly the amount you are stating. Now if your tank is outside than you def have a leak, and for that matter seeing as you lost a tank in less than a week you definitely have a leak. Get some soapy water and start looking for that bugger.

If you put your warm tank in the fridge the gauge will drop almost exactly the amount you are stating. Now if your tank is outside than you def have a leak, and for that matter seeing as you lost a tank in less than a week you definitely have a leak. Get some soapy water and start looking for that bugger.
Agreed, check all connections including by the keg.

Soapy water is great for finding leaks. Word of advice from someone who already made the mistake: make sure you use plenty of soap/minimal water. If your soapy water solution is too thin, the escaping gas may be coming out fast enough to just blow past the solution with minimal bubbles. That was a very frustrating week (2x2.5lb tank emptied in 5 days:().

Another thing to check is all your gaskets on the keg, if it is used the gaskets may be shot. Also check the pressure relief valve.

Latest posts

Back