Just Another Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanemcc

Reaction score
After brewing and bottling for about a year, I came across a deal on some corny kegs and other draft equipment. I bought a 7 cu ft freezer, built an STC-1000 temp controller and poured from party taps for about 6 months. After getting tired of lifting the lid on the freezer to pour a beer, I decided to build a coffiin keezer. 2 x 4 collar and plywood top to replace the original top in case I decide to turn it back into a freezer.

There is a computer fan behind the grate on the side that comes on when the controller tells the compressor to run. I installed a second controller and fans to circulate air through the tower, but the condensation that caused was not worth it. Since I turned them off, I really do not notice a difference in the first or fifth pour. The biggest difference I noticed was when I upgraded to Perlick faucets. No more sticking!

Enjoy!

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Latest posts

Back