Joined in '07, First Post!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspindler

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

In the 7 years that I've been reading these forums, this is my first post. I have been brewing on and off during that time, and recently took a 3 year break from brewing to get married and have kids. Now I'm back at it and I'm hoping to make some great beer. The main reason I never posted is because I've never had to. Due to the vast amount of knowledge here, every question I had was answered before I asked it. I did a ton of research to put together the rig I'm using today, and most of my knowledge came from lurking around these forums.

A little bit about my rig: it consists of a 10 gallon aluminum kettle with 2 120v heating elements, one of which is connected to a PID. I mash in a 10 gallon rubbermaid. I do a brutus-style recirculating mash with no sparge. I ferment in the same fridge I serve out of, and wrap the fermentor in a ferm-wrap connected to a temp controller. I've don 6 batches with this set up so far and have been very happy with the gradual improvement from batch to batch!

I'm hoping to post more frequently from now on and I'm happy to be a part of the community!

That's great! Welcome "back". I am actually brand new at this, so any experience you may share in the future will be good for me! Also, if you have pictures of the devices you just mention, it would be great

Haha! That is great: 7 years and one post! Welcome back to the obsession!

I would also love to see your rig!

That's great! Welcome "back". I am actually brand new at this, so any experience you may share in the future will be good for me! Also, if you have pictures of the devices you just mention, it would be great
Greetings and welcome!
I have some pics, but I'm at work and they are at home. I'll put them up tonight. Until then, there are a few pics on the blog in my sig you may like to check out!:)

I will share pics of my rig, as soon as I finish putting everything together :) I have a little bit of OCD (as most of the people does) so i want everything to be nice and properly distributed! Hopefully this week

Here's one pic, albeit blurry and photo-bombed by a certain munchkin. I'll put more up later.

IMG_20140726_104352830.jpg

Cool rig! ;) neat! and yup, the munchkin is cute too! Please share whenever you have a beer done or during fermentation

Back