Jimmy Buffett Concert Beer ideas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoedBrew

Reaction score
So I am going to the Jimmy Buffett Concert June 23rd in Philly.

I want to Brew something that is Big Tasty and Crisp for a hot day.
I'm not talking 10-12% big but somewhere from 6.5% to 8.5% ABV
But it needs to be a beer that can be enjoyed well in the heat and I can brew it in the next two weeks or later and it will be ready for June 23rd??

Any Proposals?? Links to recipes would be a bonus!

I know it sounds disgusting but you are just going to have to make a margarita ale.

If its like the JB concerts I've been too, then Id skip the homebrew and just stick to Corona and lime :)

If its like the JB concerts I've been too, then Id skip the homebrew and just stick to Corona and lime :)

:confused: No offense, but huh? Corona?? That stuff is nasty! Haven't had more than a sip of it in 5 years!

Background: We arrive at the Buffett Concert Parking lot at 9-10 AM the morning of the concert! We will find a nice spot in the lot and cook breakfast. Play some games, look at all the hotties, and Drink Lots and Lots of Beer!

Last year I had 151 Spiked Watermelon bites, and a Case of Wyerbacher Big Beers...nice, especailly after a couple Blithering Idiots!
http://thebeerbuzzinfo.blogspot.com/2010/11/weyerbacher-big-beers-variety-pack.html

Keep em coming

Moonshine margaritas sound perfect. Ive had landshark which is similar to corona and made by margaritaville ;) I wouldnt brew it though

Yeah but after the mushrooms kick in, who the hell cares?!?!?!?

That would be a Grateful Dead show - Parrotheads are mostly alcohol and weed types. At least that's what I've heard. I wouldn't know anything about it myself. ;)

Last Mango in Paris Mango IPA

Coconut Telegraph Porter/Stout

Banana Wind Hefeweizen

Who's the Blond (Ale) Stranger?

I went to a show last year in Camden NJ and brewed up a Citra Pale ale. Dry hopped with some Nelson Sauvin. Gave it a nice ripe tropical fruit taste.

Those tailgate parties with fellow parrotheads are as much fun as the concerts and sometimes go on longer.
How about some When the Volcano Blows Pale Ale.Overcarbed of course.

:confused: No offense, but huh? Corona?? That stuff is nasty! Haven't had more than a sip of it in 5 years!

LOL! no offense taken!
I was just saying that the concerts I have been to were like an 8hr pre-party to a 2hr concert. After the first 2 hours, you didn't care what you were drinking! :tank:

:D

Nicely done fellas/ladies?
Some good ideas so far.

J_D those are pretty good here are a few more:

Son of a, Son of a Saison

One Particular Hefe...

Pencil Thin Maibock

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes Barleywine

Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit Ale

He Went to Pilsner

Fruitcakes Light Lager (hint, hint)

Woman's Going Crazy on California Common Ale