Jalapeño Wheat - 5 gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabimkbrewer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm brewing the recipe below, for the jalapeno (after wash and seed them) I will add them as dry hopping but I would like to know if they will need to be roasted or baked before add them to the fermenter ?

1 lb Flaked Wheat
1 lb American - Pale 2-Row
6.6 lb Liquid Malt Extract - Wheat

hops
1 oz Cluster Pellet
1 oz Liberty

6 each Jalapeño

thanks,

Mk

Last time I used those I split, deseeded and roasted. Then soaked a few days in vodka.

Put the peppers in the beer and use the vodka for a spicy Bloody Mary.

Hello, I'm brewing the recipe below, for the jalapeno (after wash and seed them) I will add them as dry hopping but I would like to know if they will need to be roasted or baked before add them to the fermenter ?

1 lb Flaked Wheat
1 lb American - Pale 2-Row
6.6 lb Liquid Malt Extract - Wheat

hops
1 oz Cluster Pellet
1 oz Liberty

6 each Jalapeño

thanks,

Mk

Best way to deal with peppers is to 'dry pepper' just like you would a dry hop. I did a Mango Wheat with Habaneros that was fantastic. Standard primary fermentation, then racked onto diced mangos. After 2 weeks on the fruit I racked into a keg and added the peppers in a hop sock and suspended in the keg with unflavored/unwaxed dental floss. I started checking after 6 hours for heat and eventually removed the peppers after about 12 hours (just wanted a slight amount of heat). The beer kept the heat for the entire keg.

Latest posts

Back