It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.

"I keep waking up every four hours to check my beer because I think it's ruined because the little grommet for the air lock got pushed in, what do I do!?!?!?!?!"

QFT

I may be getting discharged in the next few hours, or tomorrow morning. We're just waiting on the surgeon to sign off.

Congratulations. Make sure to ask how many Homebrews he prescribes.

Man revvy gald to hear all is well so far(besides them lettin u sleep). I have two freinds who have had similar surgeries to you, so I know what you are going through> May you recover as well as they did. Best wishes, cant w8 to see your avatar in every other post again.

I'm setup at my big Sister's place. Had a nice AND TASTY dinner of roast chicken, corn, salad and Frank's Red Sauce (which if some of you were reading my facebook or Taproom posts last night,) I was craving something with flavor. Though it's higher in salt than I wanted, this is a special occasion. We found a low salt cayenne sauce online yesterday.

New around here, but your posts have helped me through some questions and sticky moments. Good luck with the cardiac rehab. Expect it to be tough, but you'll get a lot out of it...those folks are miracle workers....You'll get into the gym in no time...

Welcome back, Revvy.

I think they know it's time to discharge you when you start bitching at them about the lack of sleep and terrible food.

I had similar experiences during my one extended hospital stay of 4 nights. By the time I was ready to go home, I was one cranky ****er. I just wanted real food and to sleep more than 4 hours at a pop.

Glad to hear everything went in your favor. After recovery, healing, etc., time to fire up the kettles!

Glad to hear you're well. I don't really know you yet, but I've read a ton of your posts. God speed.

Pics or it didn't happen. Taken in my goth neice who's away at college room that I'm recoverying in's room at my sister's house. Not a great pic but you should be able to see the incission, the bump where the pacemaker is at, the bandaids covering where the chest tubes went in, various other holes where things were jammed in, tape goop from the ekg leads and maybe even the bruises from the countless ivs and needle pokes. Handsome ain't I?

2011-02-28 23.56.37-1.jpg

Looking like a million bucks!

Very happy your recovery is going smoothly thus far. Keep being awesome! :rockin:

Personally, Revvy, I think you should get a zipper tattoo over that bitchin' scar. That, or you can tell the ladies some punk pulled a knife on you once.

You don't have to tell them the punk was a cardiac surgeon.

Niece is way hotter than you ;)

That's not her in the pic on the mirror....but yeah. She is way hotter than....heck your grandma is probably way hotter than me right now (even if she's no longer alive.) LOL

I'm actually pretty proud of my neice/goddaughter, she was a talented dancer and she turned down dance scholarships and even invitations to dance companies to go MSU on a debate scholarship, got a pretty good ride in Michigan State's public policy college, and pre-law. Her only drawbacks are her choice of MSU as a college and her decision to be a vegan....

28910_1479936797811_1215528573_31379698_894695_n.jpg

Us at her HS graduation in 2009...

That's not her in the pic on the mirror....but yeah. She is way hotter than....heck your grandma is probably way hotter than me right now (even if she's no longer alive.) LOL

I'll have to see if I can find a picture, I'm actually pretty proud of my neice/goddaughter, she was a talented dancer and she turned down dance scholarships and even invitations to dance companies to go MSU on a debate scholarship, got a pretty good ride in Michigan State's public policy college, and pre-law. Her only drawbacks are her choice of MSU as a college and her decision to be a vegan....

a vegan? ok you lost me there :(

Very glad to hear that you're on the med, Revvy.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Welcome back, Bionic Reverend (we can rebuild him, we have the technology).

Good to see you back Revvvy. Do you plug into the fairy lights to see the charge on the pacemaker? :)

I had a cousin who got a mechanical valve.

You could *hear* it when sitting across the dinner table. Click, clack.. Click, clack..

I asked him if it ever got annoying.. He said yeah, but god forbid it ever goes quiet :)

Godspeed sir, and welcome back to the fray!

-Jason

Latest posts

Back