It's Friday, what have you learned this week (ed. 08/22/2008)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymike1

Reaction score
This is something my friends and I do every week. This week what have you learned?

I've learned to never drink more then you rboss at a social gathering, and that even though he might not come in the next day, I'll still have to be here :(

I learned that archiving 40Gb of data out of an Exchange Server database doesn't do you any good until you defrag it. :mad:

I also learned that it's difficult stay out of a beer on tap that you're trying to save for a party.

That my 2003 GMC 2500HD is powered by Microsoft.

Earlier this week my ABS, Parking, and DBI indictaed that I was having a "Brake System Failure". The brakes were working fine.

I opted to turn the engine off, waited a minute, and started the engine again. All the lights and messages cleared. My neighbor is an Auto tech instructor and has a code scanner. We scanned the truck and found no codes retained.

In looking at the Owners Manual I found that it said (paraphrased) "In the event of a brake system failure notification. Turn the engine off, wait a minute, and start it again....."

Damn.

I had to reboot my pickup!

I read 2 books on the Vietnam war and wrote 2 papers. I learned that the war was sad, the postwar government was ****, and that I'm getting very quick and turning out papers full of bull****.

I learned that systemic inflamitory response syndrome can present with both hyper- and hypothermia....

Way to be specific in your deffinition... :rolleyes:

And I guess that I have a dirty mouth!

watch

I learned that when you ask who's coordinating the really big project at work and nobody answers, it's you.

It was the first week of flight school. I learned way more than I care to type out.

Back to the books...

You gonna get to fly one of these!?! They rock!!!

24654454.IMG_1780b_sm.jpg

It was Coast Guard Days last weekend in Port Huron an they gave helo rescue demonstrations an the parked it in the field before the demos an you could get real close and look inside of it an when they took off I was real close to it an I could feel the propwash and when they took off the people on the passanger side waved at me:ban::ban:

Alright, so I was like an 8 year old boy this weekend, but it was really really cool....er...I mean sounds like a lot of work:D

I learned that cans of pineapple can slice your fingers open and make you bleed all over the place before you know what hit you.

I learned how to import data from my Bloomberg terminal directly into an Excel spreadsheet. Exciting, eh? Maybe I should write a blog about it... ;)

I learned if you're gonna have a full divestiture of a subsidiary dumped in your lap, you better be involved in the negotiation of the P&S or you're f*&^#koed.

"Uhhh... we agreed to do what now??"

Trust me, that goes over like taking a dump on the cake in the middle of a four year-old's B-day party.

I also learned, again, why I despise McDonald's. Took the kids there for a promised lunch today and had some myself. Now, trying to work, I'm worthless.

I feel like that cake in Cape Brewing's lovely analogy.

I learned that if you click the magnifying glass in the search bar in Firefox, it does the same thing as hitting 'enter'

I learned that you have to be absolutely smashed to get pulled over while paddling a canoe. And that the phrase "F*** you sea pig!" won't endear you in any way to the marine police.

I learned that you have to be absolutely smashed to get pulled over while paddling a canoe. And that the phrase "F*** you sea pig!" won't endear you in any way to the marine police.

are you serious!

I learned that Revvy is a verb

I also learned that I get $20 every time I post whore on Revvy's behalf

20 bucks please, revvy.

No waayyyy.

This is aproaching Zuil'jin code monkey status....Go get druck and start a thread and tell us the story :D

Isn't that a quote from one of Dave Attell's stand up shows?

i've learned that it is easier to call the vendor myself than to try and explain every detail to purchasing about problems with our raw materials. actually, i've learned i have to do everything myself here.

oh, and i've learned that i need to stop making so many plans and get some time free to brew.

I learned that Tractor Supply Company carries jeans in my length (including Levis about 10 dollars cheaper than other places.) I no longer have to mail order since most stores only carry pants up to 34 length goddamit. And since most brands are for farmer types, they feel more durable than levis do....The brand I bought cost 17.99 a pair, and they don't look as nerdy as you would think...

Back