Its always something...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy1979

Reaction score
So here's what happened.... After pouring my wort through a strainer into my primary fermenter I had a clean, but not sanitized bowl fall into the wort. The bowl was removed, yeast added, lidded up and blow-off attached. I was just curious if this batch even stands a chance or if contamination will screw it. Also, any similar or worse stories of similar accidents which compare? Thanks.

Far more people have done far worse things. Chances are you'll be totally fine! Don't sweat it, nothing you can do about it anyway.

True, just so frustrating after standing over the boiling pot for 3 hours. Only time will tell. Thanks for the reply!

Read this. I would think toddler slobber and an entire cat falling in the wort is way worse than a clean bowel. Although the toddler slobber was pre-boil I think. Still, I think you're fine.
:mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/things-have-fallen-your-beer-241707/

lol @ bowel....

No, for cereal, you're probably fine. I've read horror stories of worse things being introduced to the brew (i read a post about someone scraping their yeast off the floor and throwing it in... beer came out great, lol)

Cheers!

I don't know about you, but my bowel is never clean. Even if a clean bowel went into my beer, I'd probably toss it.

I don't know, some of those commercials for colon cleansing products are pretty persuasive. They remove the pounds of fat stuck like spackling to the inside of your bowel!
:D

sorry, way WAY :off:

Those are some great examples. After a few more batches AND a lot more mishaps I will just relax...Thanks for the laughs though!

Back