It taste like I made Beer :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepDiver

Reaction score
Just checked the FG on my first brew (Brewer's Best Witbier). It's been in Primary for 12 days. After temp adjustment, hit 1.01 for FG which is where the recipe says it should be. It was flat (of course) but other than that tasted like Beer :ban: :tank: It was a little hoppy for what I think a Wit should be, but I expect that to mellow out some in the bottle.

Planning on checking Friday and if FG is the same (believe it will be) plan on bottling Friday Night so I can get my AHB Fat Tire Clone in Primary. I would really like to let it set another week, but I need my bucket to get another beer started.

Congrats on the first brew!!! It sounds like you did your studying before embarking on this venture, you are spot-on with your procedures and expectations.

Rock on!!! :rockin: I need to be like you and start staggering the brews after buying another carboy. As it is, I'm waiting too long to get additional brews into the pipeline.

Congrats and I'll drink to that.

Primary: Orange Honey Wheat
Secondary: IPA
Bottled: Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout
Drinking: Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout

De`ja`-Brew
We have all been beer before.

I started with 2 buckets, now I have 3 buckets and 8 carboys. It's a good little hobby.

I never thought I would have 2 carboys and 2 buckets only 4 months after starting to homebrew. I may have another one by the end of the week :rockin:

I've got 4 fermenting now and want to brew another one soon :ban:

Congrats! You should start your 2nd batch this weekend. The first one will be gone before you know it and you can't go back to store beer.

Congrats on making beer! Mmmmm, fresh, tasty, beer. Get started on the next batch, trust everyone when they tell you it will be gone before you know it!

Which reminds me, I need to bottle 20 gallons before Saturday, because I have another 20 to brew.

Back