Is this infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABI Brewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed this on 4-20 and it is a simple 12lb. Golden Promise Citra SMaSH, w/ 1.5 oz cascade at 60, 3 oz citra @ 0, 3 oz citra @ 0, 2 oz citra @ 5 days, but it doesnt seem to be getting clear at all, i did use whirlfloc @ 15, and dumped trub @ 10 days right before the dry hops went in, just wondering what everyone out there is thinking about the severe haze. The layer at the top is hops
cloudy.jpg

No reason to think it's infected. How does it taste. Nothing looks clear in the fermentor due to volume.

So, you didn't answer the question. I would go between 5 and 7 days for the dry hop. If it hasn't been that long, the beer may clear up more.
Sorry in the original posting I said there were two dry hops @ 10 and 5 days and packaging tomorrow, The 10 day was 4-24, and the 5 was 4-29 and will package tomorrow, so the last dry hop to go in was last monday, I just thought that it should've cleared up more, I have never had a beer do this before, and one week before I brewed I did another very similar batch but fermented in a Big Mouth Bubbler and was clear, Ill try some and let you know what it tastes like, thanks

[QUOTE=" 2 oz citra @ 5 days,
View attachment 625152[/QUOTE]

This is why your beer is hazy you added 2 ounces of hops while fermentation was still active

Like day trippr said you brewed a hazy IPA, nothing wrong with that. If you think it's ugly drink from a red party cup you will never notice

Back