is this a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWAleDad

Reaction score
posted on CL are two 50ml (13gal) Marchisio SS pots. one is a MLT with false bottom and NPT connector and the other is a boil kettle with one NPT connector. the seller wants $200 for both. I currently use a cooler for MLT and have been looking for a new SS boil kettle.

it looks like the brand is out of business and can't seem to find prices to compare the retail value to.

anyone have any ideas?

Just to add, it seems like a good deal the fact that it is two 13gal SS kettles. But would like someone to comment before I spend 200. Don't want to upgrade again.

Just to add, it seems like a good deal the fact that it is two 13gal SS kettles. But would like someone to comment before I spend 200. Don't want to upgrade again.

well, does the false bottom cover the whole bottom or is it a smaller 12 inch bottom (which cost half as much).

A penrose kettle (17 gallon) is 189 and custom fit jaybird bottom and dip tube is 115

which is 100 ish more then what CL guy is selling

The false bottom covers the entire bottom of the kettle. did some more research and this is a good deal. thanks for the comment back.

Cool. Just check the welds and all the parts to verify its stainless with actual welded couplings

Back