is the AHA a scam??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeze, I still find myself missing that show and wishing Jamie and Adam had worked things out...
I think MB had lived out its life and ended in a spectacular way. The last season was great. I really enjoyed the tank car crush episode. :bigmug: I was on Discovery + last week and actually found episodes I had not seen (at least not 10 times each). LOL.

Further proof AHA isn't a scam... I recently extended my membership for over a year and just received the promised packs of Galaxy and Vic Secret hops offered as an incentive.

Been an AHA member for over 15 years and I think the magazine and the Homebrew Con seminars from past years alone make it worthwhile. To the OP, the AHA has been essential is helping pass legislation in many states to legalize homebrewing. Seriously, less than 10 years ago, there were several states that prohibited it. They have also got laws passed to allow transporting homebrew to club meetings, events, etc. I will say, it's unfortunate that due to Covid forcing Homebrew Con 2020 and NHC to be canceled, the AHA did lose their shirt and had to lay off something like 75% of their staff, which has hurt them somewhat.

I attended my first Homebrew Con in 2018 in RI and sure the ticket for three days was a little pricey, like $250 or something like that, I left there after the 3 days with more than $250 worth of hops, grain, and swag.

Back