hello again my old friends

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
A few years ago I would be on here several times a day. Then life kinda happened and I fell off the homebrew wagon due to time. I have always loved homebrew and craft beers and much to my surprise my hometown got its first local brewery about a year and a half maybe two years ago. This definitely helped with my love of craft beers. Now we have 3 breweries and soon to be a 4th!. I made some poor life choices as many off us have in the past and I got myself in debt. Instead of just crying about it I decided to do something about it. I changed careers when an opportunity showed itself. I never would have thought I would end up in the world of banking. Turns out I'm pretty good at it and I really like it. Since starting in the banking world I have been promoted to my branches small business banker and I am very happy there. I have the opportunity to teach financial education class in my community which again I love being able to do. Then one day after teaching a class on how to dig out of debt I realized I wasn't listening to my own advice. Sure the bank pays me well for what I do but I wasn't getting ahead of the debt from those poor life choices, I was staying afloat much easier but not getting out of debt. So I decided to pick up a second job. I began working at Home Depot in the evenings. Let me tell you they are a wonderful company to work for. Sure you can make more money other places but they treat their people like real people and are wonderful to work for. Fast forward to about a month ago. I had picked up woodworking as a hobby in the limited free time I had. How could you work at a place like that and not start wood working? Well on October 10th I had an accident with my table saw and cut my dominant hand pretty badly. I didn't loose any fingers but I will never have full use of my hand again. I severed tendons and cut arteries and all that good stuff. I will be out of work for 3 to 6 months. The first months I sat around the house just feeling sorry for myself. I'm not good at that. Physical therapy is going as well as can be expected and they keep telling me that I am making good progress and they are optimistic on how much movement I will get back. I have figured now would be a good time to get back to home brew. Sure washing the equipment is proving to be a challenge but I got this. Today I will be starting a batch of chocolate raspberry stout as well as a mulled cranberry, a spiced apple and a concord wine. 4 things may be a bit much for me for one day but the 3 wines are only 1 gallon each so we are going to see what happens.
It's good to be back

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, but you seem to have a positive outlook. Hopefully that attitude will help you through these difficult times. Welcome back...Sounds to me washing the equipment sounds therapeutic and sanitary :)

my outlook hasn't always been positive. I got a great wife standing by my side. Some days are good some are not so good. Today is a good day. The good days are outnumbering the bad so I'll take it.

Sorry about your injury, glad you have a good wife, welcome back to brewing.
I have managed to brew with a fractured and torn shoulder, and an unintentional knife wound through 1.5 fingers (my own). I called the result singlehand ale. Have some fun with it.

Latest posts

Back