Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my 4 taps from AliExpress. The shipping took a bit of time but well worth it for $30/tap.
The build quality is solid and these taps do have a good weight to them.
The action of closing and opening them feels a bit more deliberate than my outgoing perlicks. The closing action for sure feels better.
I have no foaming issues and I get a single drip after the faucet is shut.

My only gripes are the barb diameter of he grower filler (too big), and the gasket between the faucet and the nozzle can fall out a bit easy (not a big problem just something to pay attention to).

Do you have a link to the aliexpress item? My searches have not turned up anything. Probably user error.

EDIT - never mind, found it today. Wasn't there last week.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High..._6&btsid=f5462d28-da2d-4bc6-aafa-74c566e0093a

From Aliexpress, it looks like shipping to the US is $6.19 per item, or at least for all the faucet related items. Shipping for 1 tap is $6.19 for for 2 taps, it's $12.38 shipping. Same for the shanks - $6.19 each for shipping. You'd think they could give you a better rate for combined items and/or quantities.

Just finished up my keezer and I've had a Bitter on tap for a few days. I've been trying regular spout vs stout spout and prefer the pour from the stout spout. I have it sitting at 5 psi with 6 feet of line, so it isn't pouring too vigorously, but I'll have a pale ale on tap soon so I can crank it a bit higher and see how it is. I get one drip after closing the faucet, but just leave the glass under the faucet for a few seconds is all you need to do. These are my first faucets (besides picnic taps) so I really don't have anything to compare them to. I haven't had much reason to use the flow control yet since it's pouring slowly, but I did notice the whole 'lever in the middle is all the way open' thing which is a little weird. Going all the way up or down reduces the flow to a trickle. Right now I just have it set to perfectly horizontal to get a normal flow.

ivaVxsE.jpg

dpw53RT.jpg

Left - pour from normal spout. Right - pour from stout spout

Pretty big difference in the pour from different spouts. The stout spout has a persistent ring of foam and lacing down the glass whereas the regular spout has none (super low carbs beer so it isn't going to be that foamy anyway). The stout spout pour seems to have a softer mouthfeel. You get a little bit of CO2 prickle from the normal pour. I'm really excited to do more side by sides on future beers, but right now I prefer this bitter with the stout spout.

Finally got around to making videos, but I really didn't want to make a YouTube video, and the max upload size to HBT is around 3MB, so I went with GIFs. They might be a little grainy.

Intertap:
intertap1-67178.gif

Perlick:
perlick1-67179.gif

Note that the Intertap keg is half-full or less while the Perlick keg is mostly full, which may be one reason for the difference in head size. It could also be caused by the rougher finishing on the Intertap knocking CO2 out of suspension. Intertap is at 6 psi, Perlick is at about 9 psi.

Hopefully I can do stout faucet comparisons in a month or two.

Has anyone found ~4" shanks that work with the auto closing spring and intertap faucets?
No, but I can say that the springs don't work with the SS shanks from RiteBrew and a Perlick 630SS. Thought for sure they'd work, but they just kinda jam open. Of course, I only tried them dry, so maybe they need keg pressure as well?

Has anyone found ~4" shanks that work with the auto closing spring and intertap faucets?

I purchased these. They have chrome plated brass as well if you're looking to go a little cheaper.

They're advertised with the intertap faucets and are shown with a spring, even though it isn't included, so I assume it works. I guess I'll see in a month or so when the shipment gets here.

Does anyone know where the find the slightly rounded tap handles that are in the photos of the interap faucets? I can find the skinnier ones all over the place but haven't seen anything that is flared out like the ones on the interaps.

Does anyone know where the find the slightly rounded tap handles that are in the photos of the interap faucets? I can find the skinnier ones all over the place but haven't seen anything that is flared out like the ones on the interaps.

I would like to know also. I looked a few times and couldn't find them. I even modeled them and 3D printed a couple, but my printed 3/8 threads were too small and wouldn't thread onto the faucet (I forgot to take into account my 0.20mm offset). I could have drilled and re-tapped, but I already have the skinny ones you mentioned and they fit in my cabinet, so I chucked the 3D printed ones in the garbage. :D

You could try messaging the aliexpress seller. Their listing says they include them with the taps. They may let you buy some individually.

I sent them a message a couple of days ago inquiring if they could reduce shipping costs for buying multiple items at once (faucets, gas manifold, stout nozzle, etc.). No response.

Finally got a higher carbonated beer on tap to actually test both faucet spouts. I'll take pictures in a few days, but wow, the stout spout makes beer creeaaaamy.

I've swapped them by hand. Just make sure the o-ring stays put or you put it back in (it tends to fall out when changing the nozzles.)

I sent them a message a couple of days ago inquiring if they could reduce shipping costs for buying multiple items at once (faucets, gas manifold, stout nozzle, etc.). No response.

Did you ever hear back about combined shipping?

How hard is it to swap out the nozzles? Do you need tools or is hand strength enough?

I've swapped them by hand. Just make sure the o-ring stays put or you put it back in (it tends to fall out when changing the nozzles.)

You can do it by hand no problem. The o ring on the stout spout can fall out if you aren't careful. I noticed it more when it was brand new, but I think putting it on and off kind of sealed it better now.

Also it leaks a little if you take it off right after you pour a beer.

Regular vs stout spout with my Mango IPA

ldRvDHU.jpg

RxJOOU7.jpg

lmvOiY4.jpg

tGND5cD.jpg

Left is regular tap, right is stout spout. The stout spout enchances the whole juicy thing by cutting down on some of the carbonic bite but the regular pour has a better aroma. Tasty!

That's exactly the same effect the "creamer function" has with my CMB faucets. I find it's a cool way to add some variety to a given beer.

The SS shanks that Farmhouse sells work with the springs (they are Shirron). I used the 6" and 5's but they are the same design at the coupling and work fine with the springs. I for one love the self-closing nature almost more than anything else about the faucets.

The SS shanks that Farmhouse sells work with the springs (they are Shirron). I used the 6" and 5's but they are the same design at the coupling and work fine with the springs. I for one love the self-closing nature almost more than anything else about the faucets.

I ended up ordering two of the flow control interap faucets from aliexpress. Shanks and other pieces parts are coming from Ritebrew.

I received my aliexpress order in 9 days which was a surprise.

I ordered 2 non FC stainless faucets, 2 shanks and 2 springs.

Here is an album with some pictures compared to a Shirron Ventmatic: http://imgur.com/a/DXvmY

Some random comments:

1. Build quality is ok. One of the spouts has a sharp edge on the end. Both spouts have a ridge right in the middle of the inside bore. The bore looks like it was machined from both ends for some reason.

2. One of the shuttle pieces seems slightly too big, causing excess friction when it is sliding. The friction prevents the spring from auto closing this faucet. I'm going to see if they'll send me a new one. Otherwise, I may see if I can file down the corners a little bit and see if that helps.

3. The shank has a pretty deep bore for the spring. On the good tap, this gives it a good amount of resistance and allows it to spring shut when released. I was able to install an intertap faucet with spring on one of my regular shanks, though, without the deep bore, the spring is compressed a quite a bit more. It is functional, but you do have to pull a bit harder and it just doesn't feel as nice.

4. Spout inside diameter is 10mm vs the ventmatic's 12mm

I emailed Keg King a little bit back and the rep there says the faucets on aliexpress are not authorized. This is not surprising to me. That said, buyer beware. I'll order mine from an official source. Saving $5 isn't worth potential issues.

Just got my 4 taps from AliExpress. The shipping took a bit of time but well worth it for $30/tap.
The build quality is solid and these taps do have a good weight to them.
The action of closing and opening them feels a bit more deliberate than my outgoing perlicks. The closing action for sure feels better.
I have no foaming issues and I get a single drip after the faucet is shut.

My only gripes are the barb diameter of he grower filler (too big), and the gasket between the faucet and the nozzle can fall out a bit easy (not a big problem just something to pay attention to).

I just noticed the lever to shuttle interface is a bit different on mine than yours. Yours matches the pdf view on intertap's website (http://www.intertap.beer/Downloads/Intertap 8022.pdf) whereas mine has an oblong hole completely through it.

What batch number is yours? Mine is 1603.

Untitled.png

So, I almost impulse bought an AliExpress SS intertap, but what stopped me is repeated bad certificate warnings from Firefox. So I didn't, considering I really don't need another hacked credit card. Anyone else see these? (The warnings were the certificates didn't match the domain, which is sometime benign especially if they are trying to cheap out on the certs).

Probably okay as I don't actually NEED a new faucet but I wanted one of these to play with....

EDIT: Aliexpress.com site WAS OKAY.. see below...

So, I almost impulse bought an AliExpress SS intertap, but what stopped me is repeated bad certificate warnings from Firefox. So I didn't, considering I really don't need another hacked credit card. Anyone else see these? (The warnings were the certificates didn't match the domain, which is sometime benign especially if they are trying to cheap out on the certs).

Probably okay as I don't actually NEED a new faucet but I wanted one of these to play with....

I have not seen the certificate warnings. But, just because of the nature of the site, I always generate a new 1 time use number through my cc account when ordering from aliexpress.

I have not seen the certificate warnings. But, just because of the nature of the site, I always generate a new 1 time use number through my cc account when ordering from aliexpress.

Actually.. I figured out what was going on. The site is okay. The filter for the Electronic Freedom Foundation's HTTPS Everywhere which I try to use where I can and only has had issues on a couple of sites in the past was broken for Aliexpress. Completely broken.

So, yeah, I ordered one. I bought two used 525SS's in addition to the 630PC's I already had (which are more or less OKAY).. One is a "new" 525SS the other is the "old" style, although it doesn't leak-- since I always immediately order a bag of silicone O-rings for every O-ring style I need)--- has the round shaft and the plastic bearing cup. My tap handle wanders enough on it that I decided to try to update it. It friggin' drives me nuts. Two attempts from Kegconnection via Amazon (yes, I probably should have called them direct) with a missing metal bearing cup in the rebuild kit (but the correct handle shaft), one tack on to a Rite-Brew order where I got the correct O-rings and bearing cup, but the wrong old style handle shaft, and then a order from e-bay that appears have never shipped for the newer handle shaft later... well.. I think I'm about to throw in the towel on that faucet. I'll keep it for spare parts for the other one that is fine.. Overall it still was less than one new 630SS. Maybe it will replace one of the 630PC's.. who knows...

I often serve wine/meads and eventually will attempt a sour, so I do need a couple of SS faucets. This was a splurge.. I definitely didn't need it. At some point I probably might be able to show a 630PC/525SS and an Intertap side by side in a picture though. Can't guarantee when..

The quick guess is that the VentMatics and Intertaps work like a standard handle plunger on a rear seal but the seal piece faces forward (and is smaller) and is always surrounded by beer unlike the rear seals. The seal piece appears to float in a similar fashion to the rear seal traditional faucet. I am not sure how the seal is held closed on them, but I wonder that about the Perlicks also. Beer pressure maybe but in a properly balanced system there shouldn't be much of that.

The Perlicks seem to float the O-ring seal instead and use the ball on the handle shaft to hold them closed, to effectively get around the patent. I can see why that design is inferior to the others. I don't get what the real innovation claimed in the VentMatic patent is because you can actually look up prior art, IMHO. We will see, though, when I actually get my grubby paws on the Intertap.

Has anyone compared the Intertap products from aliexpress to ones ordered from US/AU/CA suppliers? I've purchased some things direct from Asia that have been legit and other things that are clearly inferior copies. Since the tap itself is actually made there, I'd imagine the ones on aliexpress are the real deal (US/EU-made items on there are usually a red flag that it's likely a counterfeit.)

I've bought a number of things off aliexpress and similar sites and have not had any issues but if anyone is concerned with credit card theft, you could check out https://privacy.com/ as they let you create one-time "burner" cards for purchases. Some banks offer this service too.

Has anyone compared the Intertap products from aliexpress to ones ordered from US/AU/CA suppliers? I've purchased some things direct from Asia that have been legit and other things that are clearly inferior copies. Since the tap itself is actually made there, I'd imagine the ones on aliexpress are the real deal (US/EU-made items on there are usually a red flag that it's likely a counterfeit.)

I've bought a number of things off aliexpress and similar sites and have not had any issues but if anyone is concerned with credit card theft, you could check out https://privacy.com/ as they let you create one-time "burner" cards for purchases. Some banks offer this service too.

This concern is why I contacted Keg King. below is the reply from the rep there. I personally would rather get fully authorized faucets and know that Keg King is receiving their share of the transaction.

We don't have any dealings with Aliexpress so the faucets are not associated with Keg King.

Anybody from a non aliexpress purchase care to put up an image of the box? The ones from aliexpress state "manufactured for kegkking" i know the box would be the easiest thing to replicate but I'm curious of the continuity.

Anybody from a non aliexpress purchase care to put up an image of the box? The ones from aliexpress state "manufactured for kegkking" i know the box would be the easiest thing to replicate but I'm curious of the continuity.

My faucets are scheduled to arrive Monday. I'll post photos of packaging and the hardware.

I imagine the aliexpress faucets are made by the same factory, but I am tconcerned they might be cutting the Keg King guys out.

I imagine the aliexpress faucets are made by the same factory, but I am tconcerned they might be cutting the Keg King guys out.

That was my thought as well, but I didn't know of anywhere else to order them from that would ship to the US. Where did you get yours from?

Brewpump.com - the US facing site of Ontario Beer Kegs which is an authorized seller of Kig King products. I payed ~$54 each including free Ground shipping (6 business days to SoCal). Aliexpress would have been around $45 each. The extra $9 gives me piece of mind that if there is an issue, I can contact the guys at Keg King for assistance.

Aliexpress was tempting, but I didn't feel right ordering from them after contacting Keg King.

Ah, I see that was mentioned in this thread about a month back. I must have missed it.

They don't seem to have the longer intertap recessed shanks though.

Back