Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like aliexpress has changed there shipping cost on multiples. If you add more than one faucet the shipping goes from $$6.19 each to $10.21 for two. Also if you add an additional item like a growler filler, that shipping goes down as well.

tom

Can you call them? Aliexpress should have a phone number to call for questions about orders/shipping.

They're in China, so I'm not sure how easy calling them would be.

Prior to ordering, I tried sending them a message or two through the site, and never had a response. They were quick to respond to an issue I had after receiving my order, but for some reason they just don't seem to reply to regular questions.

I wasn't worried about a number so much. I was thinking the time difference as well as I wouldn't think many of the vendors selling on aliexpress even have dedicated phone support staff.

They didn't reply to my inquiry. I was going to order 6 with some other parts with the free shipping but when it added 60+ dollars for shipping I decided to go another route. I decided to order 1 flow control Perlick and some other stuff to get the 5 dollars off shipping from ritebrew and am going to see if I like them. Shipping worked out to .49 cents. If I like it I will probably just go with the perlicks. At least I know they will be around for parts. If they respond I will let you all know.

I am debating on ordering these
I liked vent matic but that's a dead end street
I am intrigued by the spouts coming out
I don't even know what an English sparkler spout is. But the counter pressure filler spout with a gas connection sounds cool
My order from Ali express would total 196 for 6 faucets two broker fillers and two stout spouts
I'll decide next week I guess

I decided to pick up the Stout Spout, self-closing spring (to have it) and the Growler filler today. If you use a computer and add stuff to your cart, the shipping does start to go down. It was $17 and change for those three items shipped. I suspect if you order 6 of them like the poster above did, it gets you above the customs limit and duty is added. ePackets are meant for small orders under the duty limit in the US. You might be better off breaking the order up if you are going to go off and order more than one at a time.

Overall I like the tap. It is a better design for sure than the Perlick, the build quality isn't as good and it is just slightly better on the number of drips 30-60s after the pour. I'd say I get 5 drops out of my 525SS's, 3 out of the 630PC's and one to two out of the Intertap. The Intertap is definitely more "free flowing" than the Perlicks. Which can be good or bad depending on the style. I'm kind of glad I have both and I can switch back and forth.

As for an English Sparkler Spout... It's a type of tap that is used on Real Ales (look them up, they are pumped with air so the keg has to go fast) but apparently only in the North of England.... I don't think they are actually available yet, they are being planned by Keg King. I've heard rumors of things like counter pressure fillers, etc. for these faucets in the future.

Hmm.. interestingly enough, the "free shipping" ones are a new, second seller, on AliExpress that wasn't there before. Their price + shipping is more than the original seller is. So verify before you buy.

Ali Express sells what looks like a Perlick knock off: Faucet part number FC01E, supposedly made by ShineHone. I didn't see any details about what's inside though

Putting together my keezer parts and I'm thinking about trying the SS Intertap faucets with flow control, can anyone attest to the quality of these?

http://www.brewpump.com/Intertap-Flow-Control-Faucet-p/intertap-fc-faucet.htm

I have three and have been putting them through their paces. Quality is pretty good, but the flow control is a bit disappointing. I'd say it can drop maybe 3-4 psi which for me isn't enough to pour 3 volumes over 2.4 volumes worth of line. It also doesn't help when filling growlers enough to negate the need to drop keg pressure first. I wouldn't send them back, just had higher expectations.

I have three and have been putting them through their paces. Quality is pretty good, but the flow control is a bit disappointing. I'd say it can drop maybe 3-4 psi which for me isn't enough to pour 3 volumes over 2.4 volumes worth of line. It also doesn't help when filling growlers enough to negate the need to drop keg pressure first. I wouldn't send them back, just had higher expectations.

Thanks. Those are really useful observations.

Brew on :mug:

What if I wanted to keg a soda or jack and coke keg
Would the flow control help negate the soda carnonation

Thanks, I've been wanting to try out the Intertaps but I think I'll spare the $20 per faucet and just go with the ones without FC. I'm interested in the growler fill and stout attachments that you can use with these.

I'll see what I can do. The kids are going on vacation to the grandparents this upcoming week. I hope to drill some holes and get the system flowing. Right now I have a picnic tap setup and a pile of parts on the table next to it.

Got holes drilled in fridge door, faucets and shanks installed. One is hooked up to a robust porter. Flow control seems ok but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. Fridge is set cold so probably mid 30s. Regulator is at 12 PSI. I have about 4-5' of 3/16" beverage line from keg to shank (I know this is shorter than recommended but I had it laying around). Flow is fast but a touch more foam than I like. Throw of the lever is solid. There's much less side to side movement now that it is installed and flowing. My guess is the metal contracted to it's designed tolerances. I'm happy thus far.

I'll throw on the stout spout tonight and pour a couple pints.

Flow control seems ok but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. Fridge is set cold so probably mid 30s. Regulator is at 12 PSI. I have about 4-5' of 3/16" beverage line from keg to shank
Flow is fast but a touch more foam than I like.

My guess is that your beer is over-carbonated and your lines are too short.

I'll guess that your fridge is at about 36°F, at 12psi is about 2.75 volumes (plugged it into a calculator). Try lowering the pressure to 9-10psi and see if that helps. You could possibly make the shorter tubing work, so try lowering pressure first, and adjust the flow control. If you still can't make it work, try longer lines.

My guess is that your beer is over-carbonated and your lines are too short.

I'll guess that your fridge is at about 36°F, at 12psi is about 2.75 volumes (plugged it into a calculator). Try lowering the pressure to 9-10psi and see if that helps. You could possibly make the shorter tubing work, so try lowering pressure first, and adjust the flow control. If you still can't make it work, try longer lines.
I agree. I push with 15psi at 45° to get about 2.5vol. I was doing fine with 10ft of 3/16's and I am now finding that 12ft works better with the FC mech at "0". These faucets do seem to have a fast flow.

I ordered the stout spout, spring (though I will likely never use it) and growler filler. ($17 and change more bux.) I will do my likely annoying pictures when I get it. I am disappointed in the reports on the flow control. I was going to do one of them too, but I think I will hold off for now.

My faucets showed up from Ali express, precisely two weeks from date of order.

Overall they are nice faucets, the machining is not as high quality as the two Ventmatics I have, but they are available and half the price so you can't complain too much.

I certainly won't hesitate to order another two or four as funds allow, my keezer holds six kegs so I need to decide whether to replace the ventmatics with intertaps now.

I'll get one of the ventmatics switched over tonight and see how it pours. I've got a stout on tap now so I'll probably see how the stout spout does on regular co2 too

My faucets showed up from Ali express, precisely two weeks from date of order.

Overall they are nice faucets, the machining is not as high quality as the two Ventmatics I have, but they are available and half the price so you can't complain too much.

I certainly won't hesitate to order another two or four as funds allow, my keezer holds six kegs so I need to decide whether to replace the ventmatics with intertaps now.

I'll get one of the ventmatics switched over tonight and see how it pours. I've got a stout on tap now so I'll probably see how the stout spout does on regular co2 too

Let us know the final verdict after the switch

First impressions from back to back pours.

Either the Intertap presents lower resistance to flow (and looking at the internals it probably does) or the rougher inner surfaces cause more carb to come out of solution compared to the ventmatics. The pour is faster with no change in serving pressure, and leads to a lot more head with less carb in the beer overall.

There are some rough surfaces in the intertaps, particularly at the top of the spout where it curves down to the thread for the removal spout.

The moving block in the Intertap is a lot shorter than in the ventmatics. The shape is the same, a rectangular block with a cone machined on either end, however the ventmatics block is almost an inch long, whereas the Intertap is approximately half an inch long.

I believe that this has an impact on the resistance which the faucets present to the beer flow and practically speaking means that I'll make up some longer beer lines to get them balanced out.

The stout spout actually poured very well on straight CO2, flow rate issues not withstanding. It does what you'd expect and knocks a lot of the carb out of solution, but it does generate a very creamy head on a pint of stout. Something that will bear a retest with some longer beer lines.

Overall I'm happy with these faucets, I've still got some more work to do but they have made a good impression so far

First impressions from back to back pours.

Either the Intertap presents lower resistance to flow (and looking at the internals it probably does) or the rougher inner surfaces cause more carb to come out of solution compared to the ventmatics. The pour is faster with no change in serving pressure, and leads to a lot more head with less carb in the beer overall.

There are some rough surfaces in the intertaps, particularly at the top of the spout where it curves down to the thread for the removal spout.

The moving block in the Intertap is a lot shorter than in the ventmatics. The shape is the same, a rectangular block with a cone machined on either end, however the ventmatics block is almost an inch long, whereas the Intertap is approximately half an inch long.

I believe that this has an impact on the resistance which the faucets present to the beer flow and practically speaking means that I'll make up some longer beer lines to get them balanced out.

The stout spout actually poured very well on straight CO2, flow rate issues not withstanding. It does what you'd expect and knocks a lot of the carb out of solution, but it does generate a very creamy head on a pint of stout. Something that will bear a retest with some longer beer lines.

Overall I'm happy with these faucets, I've still got some more work to do but they have made a good impression so far

What are the length of your lines now? What's your serving pressure?

10 foot lines in 3/16, 11psi at 40F. They pour perfectly with the ventmatics

Let us know what line balances it
I have silver barrier 3/16 id 7/16od
And I haven't cut them and I want to figure out what length to cut my six lines
I was gonna try to go for 15' each and one at like 25 or 30 for soda

Let us know what line balances it
I have silver barrier 3/16 id 7/16od
And I haven't cut them and I want to figure out what length to cut my six lines
I was gonna try to go for 15' each and one at like 25 or 30 for soda

I have the same lines but have them at 6' with the flow control at 14 PSI at 43F.

I expect that 15 feet will do the trick. I have an order in with ritebrew for some more shanks, couplers etc so once those arrive I'll do some testing.

I am encouraged by the stout spout, i think that with a better line length it will pour stouts very nicely but should also works wonders with bitters

I expect that 15 feet will do the trick. I have an order in with ritebrew for some more shanks, couplers etc so once those arrive I'll do some testing.

I am encouraged by the stout spout, i think that with a better line length it will pour stouts very nicely but should also works wonders with bitters

Yeah my bitter was great with the stout spout.

Well I have about 1' of stainless line built into mushroom tower going through the glycol block etc
So I figure I'll go with 15 or 12 I haven't decided but I guess more is better
I'll be ordering the faucets probably next week or two I was gonna get 6 and 3 stout spouts and a growler filler Dunno if I will bother with the flow control

Well I have about 1' of stainless line built into mushroom tower going through the glycol block etc
So I figure I'll go with 15 or 12 I haven't decided but I guess more is better
I'll be ordering the faucets probably next week or two I was gonna get 6 and 3 stout spouts and a growler filler Dunno if I will bother with the flow control

I mean the great thing about flow control is that it lets you compensate for odd line length.

I've been happy with 12ft of 3/16 at 15psi. I pour a couple of ounces to catch the first bit of foam and from there it pours well. Maybe too well.

The key with all faucets is to avoid that first bit of foam. Once there is some foam, pouring beer through it will just make more.

These things certainly do pour fast compared to others.

Agreed. Much faster pour than the 630PCs and 525SSs I have. It is what I was referring to when I stated the Intertap was more free flowing. I am using 10' of 3/16 LDPE line now at 9 PSI at 37F and I am happy with the pour but I like my beer a little colder and less carbonated than the standard calls for. I am about to order another one but am still debating on the flow control. I still would like to have one of my four taps be a FC faucet.

I'm happy-ish with the flow control. It works pretty well with the growler filler. Still not sure what sort of back pressure it can create without throwing loads of foam.

Back