[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty dead at my favorite thread :(

More people need to build this!

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

I"m going to be ordering my stuff in the next few days, so I will be looking for a lot of assistance. I'm more of the nuts and bolts/hammer and nail kind of person.

I would like to increase my knowledge of all things computer wise. I'll have a few days here to dedicate to that. Any suggestions. :D

Most of the problems I have seen on the thread were because the directions were not followed exactly. I printed out the directions from the website so I could make sure I didn't skip a step. No problems. Apparently the majority of people have no problem at all. A testament to the peoples effort that put this together for us all.

Dig in. With both hands :D

Seriously, I've been a hard core hardware designer since 1973 with few useful coding assets, but this is the era of Google-fu, and you can literally find answers to anything you can think of - and some of those actually work!

Plus you have this humble community to talk you down off the ledge if things go weird.

Once you start bringing things up and working do SD card image backups often and you'll have a handy safety net...

Cheers! ;)

After reading through this thread it sounds like I can just use a wireless keyboard instead of buying the Favi. The wireless keyboard has a little USB looking plug. Am I correct? I also have a wireless mouse. Will I need a mouse to get this going?

Yes. For initial setup you will want a keyboard and mouse. After it is all set up you can disconnect them and use neither and do all the settings, etc from a different computer. The Pi only has 2 USB plugs in it so if you are using a USB wifi adapter you will need a hub of some sort so you can plug all three in (keyboard, mouse, wifi).

So the facebook page said v2 is coming, does that mean there is a release date that is gonna be announced as well. Not rushing want it to be as great as the initial release, just excited for the flow meters

I set mine up with a wired mouse and keyboard - just unplug one and plug in the other - most of the time the keyboard alone was enough.

I would like to edit the text color, could you or anybody (pint - lol) me in the right direction, I assume I could go to the sudo nano /var/www - do I need to add anything to that command, and then after that were do I look to find what to change to maybe make it red text or something, I know there is propbably 2 text colors one for the smallar grey and the larger white. this would be a big help if somebody could point me in the right direction. thanks,

also any update of flo meter v2 -are we looking like 1 year or 6 month or 4 weeks - :cross:, just curious how test are going and what you are hoping for. Not looking for a defintive date to hold you to as I think that is just rude. I know you guys are all doing this for free and working hard, and I can appricate that, just sometimes curiosity drives me crazy:fro::fro::tank: - thanks again and my tap system looks great now, thanks again.

If you go back around post 996, you'll find some discussion about this.

Yes,it's style.css in the rpints folder.
Each font style has a color specified. They will be in the classes for H1, H2, etc and will have a hex code for the color like color: #ffffff

Replace the ffffff with another hex color value, save the file and reload the browser to see the new change.

I have my fonts green and gold. This is an older picture while I was playing around with them. It's pretty easy to do.

2014-04-30 06.03.39.jpg

If you go back around post 996, you'll find some discussion about this.

I have my fonts green and gold. This is an older picture while I was playing around with them. It's pretty easy to do.

Which reminds me - I need to get my local PI guru to show me how to do all that! ;)

go to lx terminal

type

sudo nano /var/www/style.css

scroll down and look for color A0A0A0 the grey text code color, you can move it to white like FFFFFF or something. just search google for css color code chart, you can chage it to the color you want.

save and exit - and refresh the tap page. - ps dont do this if you are unsure or not familiar with css or web page building. always back up before hand.

thanks

Mine is near completion.Build a frame for the touch screen.
Waiting for my volume control.Put in some speakers on the sides for background music.

It's probably been covered a few pages ago, but do you have a link to how you got a picture behind your tap list? I love it!

It's probably been covered a few pages ago, but do you have a link to how you got a picture behind your tap list? I love it!

Simply go to your admin page and upload a background photo.

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

go to lx terminal

type

sudo nano /var/www/style.css

scroll down and look for color A0A0A0 the grey text code color, you can move it to white like FFFFFF or something. just search google for css color code chart, you can chage it to the color you want.

save and exit - and refresh the tap page. - ps dont do this if you are unsure or not familiar with css or web page building. always back up before hand.

thanks

Solid advice; I was easily able to change to all white fonts.

I recently added the RaspberryPints electronic tap list to my keezer. I wanted a two column layout, so I did some quick and dirty edits to the files. When I get more time, I'm going to clean it up a bit and then use some color coded pool ball images for each tap number.

beerboard1.jpg

beerboard2.jpg

I recently added the RaspberryPints electronic tap list to my keezer. I wanted a two column layout, so I did some quick and dirty edits

Please post how you did that. And how did you get the top line formatted like that? That's awesome.

Please post how you did that. And how did you get the top line formatted like that? That's awesome.

I just edited the index.php file. You can download my edits from here.

Like I said though, this was quick and dirty, so it may not work right with varying numbers of taps.

I may redo it so that each line does 1/2, 3/4, etc., so it would work for others with varying numbers of taps.

Brilliant! Nice work Pints crew! I can't wait to get this up and running one I am on shore. I am going to try to have this and 2 instances of BrewPi installed for my chest freezer, or I might just get another RPI. Thanks again for all the hard work.

-G

Is there a simple way to decrease the row height so I can view all my taps without having to scroll down.

Or is there an easy way to add a scroll bar to make it more user friendly to scroll down, instead of having to highlight text and drag down to see off the bottom of the screen.

I looked through the index.php file but nothing jumped out at me as I really don't know what I'm looking for either.

Yea change the font size in the browser. If using Firefox use cntrl and - or +. Otherwise it should be an option in the settings. For instance with my 8 taps I run at 65% in chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yea change the font size in the browser. If using Firefox use cntrl and - or +. Otherwise it should be an option in the settings. For instance with my 8 taps I run at 65% in chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks I will try that for the meantime. I was in search of a more permanent solution however as when viewing from the internet be it local or worldwide it is somewhat a pain to have to constantly adjust the zoom% when switching pages. If there is no easy workaround I will just deal with it.

Would it be easier to search how to add a scroll bar rather than adjust row height?

Was hoping it was just a matter of decreasing the row height in the .css sheet or ,php file somewhere. But like I said I will make do if those are the best choices.lololol Do love the software and am greatly looking forward to the v2.0

JonW,

How did you attach your monitor to your door?

Thanks,
-G

The dell monitor had a mounting pad attached to the regular stand for tilt & swivel. I removed that pad and flush mounted it to the door with a couple of self tapping screws. The monitor then snaps right onto the mount.

Note the arrangement of the 3 screws. If you do the top center one first, it makes it easy to level the pad, then do the other 2.

mount.jpg

Was hoping it was just a matter of decreasing the row height in the .css sheet or ,php file somewhere. But like I said I will make do if those are the best choices.lololol Do love the software and am greatly looking forward to the v2.0

The scroll bars are hidden because when this is hanging above your kegorator, unless you have a touch screen monitor (or keyboard/mouse) nobody will be able to scroll. Nor will they want to.

I'm sure the row height or at least the font size is defined in the css file.

I don't have my install handy right now, but I may be able to take a look at it later tonight.

I just edited the index.php file. You can download my edits from here.[...]

I can see how you changed the column/row formatting, but I'm most interested in the header layout changes, and I'm missing where those are? The linked file looks pretty much stock for that section...

Cheers!

I can see how you changed the column/row formatting, but I'm most interested in the header layout changes, and I'm missing where those are? The linked file looks pretty much stock for that section...

Cheers!

Yes, the header section is unchanged. I made all the changes with the header images.

The "Surf City Brewing" text is a png image that I used for the brewery logo. The "Tap List" is also done as a png image and named RaspberryPints.png, so it just replaces the original image. I don't use the header text feature since I have the complete header in an image.

I've updated my screenshots (in prior post) to show the current layout and graphic modifications. I can post up the php file for that if you want, but I really need to clean it up a bit and move some of the formatting changes back to the CSS file. (I did say this was quick & dirty didn't I? ;) )

Yes, the header section is unchanged. I made all the changes with the header images.

Ah - gotcha!

(I did say this was quick & dirty didn't I? ;) )

I'm all about "quick 'n' dirty" with this stuff - it's why I have a separate development system and make frequent backup images - which get used perhaps startlingly often ;)

Cheers!

The "Tap List" is also done as a png image and named RaspberryPints.png

Where do you put that file? I was unable to locate the original.

Back