RaspberryPints tablet controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grahambewley

Reaction score
Hey all, I threw something together over the past few days that I thought one or two of you might be interested in.
After getting my keezer built a couple weeks ago, I stumbled upon RaspberryPints, a pretty cool digital taplist you can use to display information about your beer. There's plenty of tutorials for setting that up but you end up with something like this:

14loceh.jpg

At this point I had entered the keg capacities and current volumes manually. I found this cool Reddit post where someone edited the source a bit so that it included buttons for adding "pours". We both have our RaspberryPints systems actually working off of a Windows machine running XAMPP, and you can use a mouse to select your glass size and click the "Pour" button. When that's working you have something like this (edited his colors a bit since they were very bright):

9hHrVuN.jpg

I thought that's cool but I don't want to have to have a mouse plugged into the computer that hides behind my keezer, so I made this extra page that I run on a tablet that sits at the bar. The buttons withdraw from the remaining volume of the keg. It's just a copied and edited version of the main taplist page that I made up.

sWd9ISE.jpg

If anyone has RaspberryPints set up and wants to give this a try, I can post the source for my mobile page! You don't need to have RaspberryPints running on a Windows machine or anything like that. Pretty much all you need is a working RaspberryPints setup.
Cheers!

Alright I will post there too! Thanks for pointing me towards that thread. I still need to plug a keyboard back into my keezer PC to pull the mobile page off of it and post, but I will post it up here and there in case anyone stumbles upon this.

I know this is an old post, but did you ever get around to posting the details on how you did this? Thanks

Back