In transit from New Hope, PA to Kinsale, Ireland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raindogxx

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Somehow I missed introducing myself when I started coming here years ago, sorry about that.

What can I say? I've been doing extract and specialty grain brewing for a few years now along with a few ciders, apfelwein, and my first wine. I'm just planning my first all grain system. I'm targeting a setup that will allow me to do 10 gallon batches of whatever I like (20 gallon pots). At some point I would like to transition to an electric system but I'll have to be a bit patient with that.

I'll be moving with my wife to Kinsale, Ireland at the end of April for a work assignment she has there. During that time I hope to get some serious brewing practice in and I may take some classes at the Siebel Institute.

You guys have helped me out quite a bit with troubleshooting and explaining some concepts that have had me stuck so thanks! :mug:

If anyone knows the brewing scene in Ireland I would love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Jon

Welcome! (kinda)

So there are two things I got out of this post:

1) THERE'S A TOWN CALLED NEW HOPE?!?!?!
hope-434.jpg

2) Almost 4 years and 15 posts with a Lifetime Supporter account. That might be a record :mug:

Nearly everything I've wanted to ask has been answered 100 times! :)

I'll be a bit more visible once I get my system together. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to give back!

First I've seen the club! Damn! Might be able to fit in one of their meets before I move. I'm hoping there are clubs like this in Ireland. I'll be about 30 mins from Cork which is the 2nd largest city there.

Thanks for the link!

Cork.. I'd love to go there sometime and spend a few weeks. That is where my ancestors are from.. I've not been able to trace them across the "pond" yet..

My newest grandson, born on St. Patrick's Day and appropriately named Liam.. dang.. not Patrick Liam or Liam Patrick.. just turned two. My youngest son, Liam's dad, is stationed at Ramstein AFB. Next year will be his last year on this tour and he wants us to all get together in Ireland to celebrate Liam's b'day on St Patty's day.. Hopefully, it will not be only in N. Ireland... :)

On with ancestor tracking.... and beer.

We spent a day in Cork last week while we were on our house hunting trip. I didn't get a chance to visit the pubs, I'll save that for our arrival, but I can tell you that it is a beautiful city.

Good luck!

That's awesome! Hopefully, a trip to Ireland will be in my future, but I gotta say...I love New Hope! I guess I'm biased because I'm a big Ween fan.

New Hope is a great spot, we'll miss it. I wouldn't be surprised to move back after the upcoming adventure. There are decent restaurants and a solid selection of beer at the liquor store across the river in Lambertville.

Back