I'm the new guy saying hello and thank you!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeckerWood

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Pete and I've been a silent visitor to this site now for over 2 years and just want to say thank you for all the help and knowledge I've ascertained over the years as you've all helped make me a better brewer. My wife bought me a 5 gallon starter kit for Christmas along with a couple "How to Brew" books, and it really turned me into a monster. I went straight to all-grain after a few months. I can't even begin to start on how many times I checked with troubleshooting, getting better efficiency, fly sparging, yeast starters, product reviews, latest gadgets, who this Blichmann guy is, crazy unique and tasty recipes, anything homebrew...the list goes on.

I want to thank all the homebrewers in this community for really evolving me from an extract novice to an award winning all-grain brewer. I really didn't want it to go unnoticed. So I've decided to buy a membership here and give back to this community because I can't think of a more rewarding hobby than homebrewing. So I'll be around and look forward to chatting with you all and even meeting anyone that lives in the Philly area for a few brews.

Thanks again HBT, you all are great and can't wait to see what batch is brewing next :-D

-Pete

Welcome, even though you've "been here" for quite some time. And I absolutely agree that brewing is a very rewarding hobby.

glenn514:mug:

Currently on brewday, I do 2 10 gallon batches with my 3 tier gravity feed brewstand. It's great! Having my brewstand saves me so much time on brewing because just adding 2 hours to brewday gives me another batch.

While I'm boiling up the first batch, I'll have my strike water ready and mash in with the second. By the time the first batch is Therminatored, I just give the boil kettle a quick spray with the hose and start fly sparging the second batch. I love the fact how I don't have to detail clean everything twice since its going to get used right away again. I posted a few pictures of my equipment.

Glenn: I should've worded it better, I was more of a lurker here. Never even signed up for the free account. I always googled a question and my top answers always showed up in HBT. So last night I decided to go balls out and finally sign up for the lifetime membership as I'm going to be homebrewing the rest of my life. It's great never really having to buy beer again because I have so much in stock at home.

Homer: you're right, I live north of Philly in Langhorne. It's a stone's throw away from the Sesame Place theme park.

Hello, my name is Pete and I've been a silent visitor to this site now for over 2 years and just want to say thank you for all the help and knowledge I've ascertained over the years as you've all helped make me a better brewer. My wife bought me a 5 gallon starter kit for Christmas along with a couple "How to Brew" books, and it really turned me into a monster. I went straight to all-grain after a few months. I can't even begin to start on how many times I checked with troubleshooting, getting better efficiency, fly sparging, yeast starters, product reviews, latest gadgets, who this Blichmann guy is, crazy unique and tasty recipes, anything homebrew...the list goes on.

I want to thank all the homebrewers in this community for really evolving me from an extract novice to an award winning all-grain brewer. I really didn't want it to go unnoticed. So I've decided to buy a membership here and give back to this community because I can't think of a more rewarding hobby than homebrewing. So I'll be around and look forward to chatting with you all and even meeting anyone that lives in the Philly area for a few brews.

Thanks again HBT, you all are great and can't wait to see what batch is brewing next :-D

-Pete
Welcome Peckerwood

Back