I'm giving the new Dogfish Head bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmarshall

Reaction score
The award for the easiest to remove labels.

I have a fridge full of beers that look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Careful using their new bottles for homebrews. I don't regularly bottle anymore but will fill a few bottles to take out once in a while. Anyway I kept cracking the tops of those new bottles off. The section where the capper latches on seems like a further distance than standard bottles. Might just be my capper but if worked fine using a regular bottle. Just be careful.

Careful using their new bottles for homebrews. I don't regularly bottle anymore but will fill a few bottles to take out once in a while. Anyway I kept cracking the tops of those new bottles off. The section where the capper latches on seems like a further distance than standard bottles. Might just be my capper but if worked fine using a regular bottle. Just be careful.

I had similar issues. I no longer use those bottles.

No joke when I bottled my last batch I told my wife I am no longer drinking anything that isn't made by DFH for this exact reason. I hate taking off labels.

No joke when I bottled my last batch I told my wife I am no longer drinking anything that isn't made by DFH for this exact reason. I hate taking off labels.

You know you're a home brewer when...... You are at the beer distributor trying to pick between 2 cases of commercial beer, and end up picking the brand that has the easiest to remove labels.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Every commercial beer that I've had that comes in stubby bottles (ala Sierra Nevada) come off very easily. Any remaining glue also comes off easily. The plasticized (?) labels and the ones with a mylar (?) base are horrible.

Every commercial beer that I've had that comes in stubby bottles (ala Sierra Nevada) come off very easily. Any remaining glue also comes off easily. The plasticized (?) labels and the ones with a mylar (?) base are horrible.

Alaskan Brewing Co uses the same bottles as SN, and their one label (as opposed to SN's 3 labels) comes off 1000x easier than SN's, and is easier to clean as well.

Alaskan has my vote for stubby bottles from now on.

SN's boxes are much better, though, if looking at storage options.

Back