If you LOVE your job...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE going to work everyday :mug:

IMG_4621.jpg

That is a cool concept. I thought it was just a brewery that was afraid of spending money on equipment. True "small batch" brewing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It looks like they're all brewing the same thing lol.. Do you guys do the cleanup too? I may just get rid of all my brewing equipment

They are all definitely not the same. We have 76 different recipes to choose from. It is all partial mash. You come in and pick out your recipe, brew it (under our supervision), then you leave. We transfer the wort to a fermenter, pitch the yeast, and move it to one of the fermentation rooms. Then after thats complete, we transfer it to our massive walk in cooler, filter it (if your beer calls for it), transfer into a keg, carb it. Then you come back in and we hook it up to one of our bottling machines. You label, fill, and cap all your beers. We guarantee you (72) 22oz bottles.

So yes, we do all the cleaning for you.

That's the exit to my old house. Thought it looked familiar! Got really close to the charcoal company there. Bummer

I'm a full time opera singer. I absolutely love my job but there is times when It tests my patience.

I haven't been home for 8 months and I won't get home to see my family or my lady until the 23rd of December, it puts a strain on certain things but I love every minute of it.

I also get to meet hundreds of new people a year and thats pretty cool.

1277513_10151974264866807_172992384_o.jpg

11252699335_c0239fb368_z_zps18a7e031.jpg

And my home for the last 8 months.
6a00d83451c0b569e20115709f2ea7970c-640wi.jpg

I'm a full time opera singer. I absolutely love my job but there is times when It tests my patience.

I haven't been home for 8 months and I won't get home to see my family or my lady until the 23rd of December, it puts a strain on certain things but I love every minute of it.

Are you for real?

Sorry I should clarify I don't mean my actual home as in where I live but where I've been based. That is Glyndebourne Opera house outside London.

This has to be a first for HBT. Do you tour often or do you spend time in residence more often?

This has to be a first for HBT. Do you tour often or do you spend time in residence more often?

So far mainly residency, it's the easiest for me to get work. I've only been out of University for two years so still building up my technique and getting experience etc.

That's gnarly, basically on the direct other end of the manufacturing spectrum from where I am at

This is something I worked on recently, it's a dielectric half-spoke that goes into a hermetic seal. The drill it's sitting on in the magnified picture is just over the size of a human hair. Sorry the image quality is poor, I was holding my iPhone up to a 50x scope. View attachment 246041View attachment 246042

pretty good image for what you had...that's bad ass... now can you THREAD those holes?

pretty good image for what you had...that's bad ass... now can you THREAD those holes?

I can indeed sir, and, I can make the mating screw threads as well ;) I haven't found anything too small for these machines to make, there's just a point where you are absolutely not going to find it after the part-off

I can indeed sir, and, I can make the mating screw threads as well ;) I haven't found anything too small for these machines to make, there's just a point where you are absolutely not going to find it after the part-off

Damn, BB, I thought you were messing for a moment. I was trying to figure our how a red pencil was dielectric? That's freaking bad ass!

Damn, BB, I thought you were messing for a moment. I was trying to figure our how a red pencil was dielectric? That's freaking bad ass!

Lots of cool stuff going on here. Wafer fab, growing yttrium iron garnets for our signal generators, chemical milling, laser micro-machining, everything that isn't some kind of plastic is typically gold plated. It's like a fairyland for anyone in manufacturing.

Latest posts

Back